Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircon heater blower

Sandman Guru
    I've never seen one that bad. You should find a better one easily. We used to use the motors for electric fans in the 80's, there are a few types though.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen one that bad. You should find a better one easily. We used to use the motors for electric fans in the 80's, there are a few types though.

Is there any difference between these and a non aircon fan? If not I'm sure we can find a half decent one in the hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    Is there any difference between these and a non aircon fan? If not I'm sure we can find a half decent one in the hoard.
    I've done my research and there is no difference between the a/c and non for GM. Delco made high capacity ones, but from the research I have done GM did not use them for a/c units because the standard capacity units were still suitable for a/c.

ngrith - Does it fit the same bolt holes? Just a change of plug in the wiring?

Anyone know what the purpose of the rubber tube is? Heat removal from the wound core?

Mine has been noisey for years!

Learner Driver
    holes are in a different place, not an issue if you are painting it. also need to make the main hold a little larger. this has a vent off the back of the motor the same, molded in to the plastic on this one. its not a perfect bolt up fit but worth messing around with for me as i got it free.

Thought I'd bump this thread again.

My blower fan has finally packed it in. I have a couple of spares that turn but are awfully noisy too.

Any ideas on servicing these DC motors?

nqrith - How is your Magna fan going?

Mine makes a noisy, grinding sound at random intervals. I sounds like I'm driving over the cats eyes on the side of the highway and scares the crap out of anyone that hasn't heard it before when it suddenly kicks in. I have a few good LH/LX Torana ones and was thinking of fitting one of them.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    I've done my research and there is no difference between the a/c and non for GM. Delco made high capacity ones, but from the research I have done GM did not use them for a/c units because the standard capacity units were still suitable for a/c.
    Hi Blocker. Did you ever source a new fan replacement? I've been looking for a new fan today and think I've found a US supplied AC Delco unit identical to my WB one. Its part number 15-80213 and looks sooooo close. My old WB parts manual gives me 9931065 as the Holden part number, but i cant find anything about this on the web. If 15-80213 is the equivalent GM part number then I'm going to get one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ACDelco-1...8AAOSw3xJVXs6S
    Last edited by damienengland; 12-06-2016 at 06:03 PM.

P Plater
    I am having my factory integrated HZ air con completely rebuilt at the moment.

The following is new:

Blower motor
    a6 compressor
    heater core
    POA valve
    Expansion valve
    Receiver dryer
    vacuum pods
    Striped vacumm hoses (switch to vacuum pods)
    new engine bay hoses
    new wiring harness
    New circuit breaker

The following are being reconditioned as i could not find any correct new ones:

Condensor
    Condensor fan
    air ducts
    brackets
    RHS vent blanking plate
    Relay

The blower motor came from "old air products" in the US. It is a direct replacement for the HZ air con style one. I will get the part number tomorrow and post it up. If i recall correctly, it came from a 72 camaro or there abouts.

Thanks Kris282. Will be very interested to see what the part number is for your blower. BTW, that's an epic A/C overhaul, is it part of a resto project?

Thread Information