Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New project

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Yes, holes are filled with white/grey putty.
    Wow, cool. Something I didnt know. Thanks for that. :-)

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

As I stated A09 appears on existing production broadcast sheets. Elizabeth body plant was obviously capable of doing it by the photo of those vans on trains. Just need info for Pagewood body plant and Acacia Ridge body plant. How much they cost I don't have documentation for that yet, and I don't expect it to be easy to find either as most vans were probably sold out of stock and dealers would have arranged fitment to those.
    The photo is of no proof for HQ. That's what we are talking about. Like everything the panels making up the firewall, cowl and dash etc are spotted into place (hardly a major change in production). I still say the last of the HQ's were just new HJ bodies, you can argue the semantics over the spot welded stuff if you like. They'll are just components to be assembled in the end.

Sorry Jason but they are already paint stripped and rust proofed they are an excellent rust free set,i will try to find some others for you but they are getting hard to find.wait until you see the gear he has its unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    The photo is of no proof for HQ.
    No it's not.

I've seen HQ build sheets with A09 on them,
    But that's proof enough for me.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    The photo is of no proof for HQ. That's what we are talking about. Like everything the panels making up the firewall, cowl and dash etc are spotted into place (hardly a major change in production). I still say the last of the HQ's were just new HJ bodies, you can argue the semantics over the spot welded stuff if you like. They'll are just components to be assembled in the end.
    No semantics involved. They are NOT HJ bodies. If they can be called a HJ body because of one little metal pressing on a panel, then you can call HJ-HZ 1-tonner bodies that aren't BO6's HQ bodies, and be just as wrong. Next series stuff being introduced early happened all the time, like RTS suspension geometry mid 1977, many months prior to HZ. Doesn't automatically make it a HZ chassis, that is one amongst many differences.

OK, lets call it a transition body.

HQ%20Ute.jpgHQ%20Van.jpg

If we are going to pull these down to their componant panels then we are in trouble. I think OZBox told us that the roof line of the panelvan had origins in the HK/G/T panelvan and he showed us that the rear tailgate is a HK one with a bit added at the bottom.

HQ body is a HQ one to me too. The entire body has the cowl and firewall features to match as a complete piece.

Mauser
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    I'm not even certain the lack of gills is even a HJ design thing. I have a suspicion they may have been simply removed to save $5 a car. Like the reduction of screws on teh van backing boards. Possibly an employee suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post

But that's proof enough for me.
    Not quite proof, but a very good indicator. It tells me that the van should have arrived at the dealer with side windows, but it doesn't prove they were actually done within the body or assembly plants. They may have been done in the finishing area, or by an outside contractor. Elizabeth appears to have done them in the body plant though.

Cruiser
    The simple fact that there is a code for the addition of side windows speaks volumes.

I'm not even certain the lack of gills is even a HJ design thing. I have a suspicion they may have been simply removed to save $5 a car. Like the reduction of screws on teh van backing boards. Possibly an employee suggestion.
    I was wondering about how they ended up in the new HQ range with its flow-through ventalation. I thought maybe they were in the HT shell and if that whole roof section and side panels were only modified to fit but the features left intact. They seem a bit of a hangover if the cab is supposed to be slightly pressurised to stop the influx of dust during travel.

Mauser

HT showing roof and side panels.
    htpanelvan.jpg

htpanelvan.jpg
    Last edited by mauser; 02-03-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Thread Information