Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocker's Sandman

Question...
    Are the fuel/brake line clips available to purchase or should I keep the ones I have?

Sandman Guru
    Blocker

Right now is when you find chassis cracks in HJ. Send me close up photos of the shock mounts and the lower control arm rear mounts and i'll put arrows on them showing you where your cracks are! Once you've fixed them I recommend fitting HZ/WB bars. They are not STD on HJ, but they'll stop the chassis from cracking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Question...
    Are the fuel/brake line clips available to purchase or should I keep the ones I have?
    I am 99% sure some are. But not sure if there is more than one style running along the chassis?
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Question...
    I bought mine at Auto Pro, they're exactly the same as original. I'm pretty sure RS do them now as well.

first thing to learn when doing a restoration..THROW NOTHING OUT..untill its finished..trust me coz i make lots of money from people who throw shit out thinkin they wont need it or someone gave em a bum steer about the fact that it can be bought new...

i am happy for you not to heed this advice but it can only make you poorer..:knockout:

Cruiser
    I agree with Ozbox and I learnt my lesson the hard way. Some stuff I sold because I thought I had a better one....until I had a really good look at the better one....and found it wasnt..... so I decided to keep everything until it's got rego and I'm happy with it.... then the left overs are going on ebay. But trust me on this one, you can buy the fuel line clips, and the only way to get them off is to knock the pin inwards (into the chassis) then you have no pin to put them back on with. I thought I'd have no chance of finding them until I walked into the local Auto Pro shop and there they were hanging on one of the "spin around" display racks with the little plactic packets and I'm pretty sure it was "Champion" brand....or something similar. I think there were 2 or 3 to a packet and they didnt have enough so they ordered some more.......simple as that....and they worked and looked like the original....but they only for the fuel line...not the brakes.

It's taken 9 months to get to this point!
    I'm very happy - because that 9 months probably equates in only 7 days of work with the little free time I've had to do actual work on the car.

So here is the van, because the goatman bought the striped down blue Sandman.

Last edited by Blocker; 23-03-2013 at 11:40 AM.

great work blocker! keep it up!

I need to update more often.
    Picked up my 3rd Sandman, a great spec 1974 HJ van with factory aircon, power steer and lsd. So the plan will be to go back to factory(ish).
    Couple pics of the 253 - it is the original engine for the chassis so I have decided to spend a fair bit of cha-ching on rebuilding it but I need to investigate a lot more on what I can do.

Last edited by Blocker; 23-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Hey Blocker may be a little late, But to remove those fuel line clips i used a very small drill bit, and drilled a hole into the pin in the centre of the clip and then screwed a very small screw into the hole just so it bites and then pulled it out like a nail without damaging the clip, you can reuse them and the pin aswell, Hows the resto going,

Thread Information