Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocker's Sandman

Thanks mate.
    I gotta say this engine was sitting in open weather for ages, the dizzy is frozen in place it wont come out easily, so I'll have to be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Thanks mate.
    I gotta say this engine was sitting in open weather for ages, the dizzy is frozen in place it wont come out easily, so I'll have to be constructive.
    Ever heard of this trick?
    Free up a seized distributor by using an arc welder.
    Hook up the negative or earth lead to the dizzy and arc the rod onto another part of the motor .....
    Never tried it my self but I know someone who has tried it and it worked.

my ute has the same hammered down part at the top of the tunnel is this for the consoule

Quote Originally Posted by b-rock-05 View Post
    Hey Blocker may be a little late, But to remove those fuel line clips i used a very small drill bit, and drilled a hole into the pin in the centre of the clip and then screwed a very small screw into the hole just so it bites and then pulled it out like a nail without damaging the clip, you can reuse them and the pin aswell, Hows the resto going,
    cheers for the tip!! i've got a stripped chassis ready to be blasted and was wondering how to remove those clips with out damaging them....can you buy them incase i break a coupla?
    EVEN THE YOUNG GIRLS LOVE SANDMANS!

Hey Blocker, whats the go withn the side windows in the first few pics? So dark, Uber dark tint? or painted? Looks like its gunja be a good build

Quote Originally Posted by KRUIZ View Post
    my ute has the same hammered down part at the top of the tunnel is this for the consoule
    Upload a photo mate, there are many parts and we don't want to give you wrong advice. You might be talking about a console mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Hey Blocker, whats the go withn the side windows in the first few pics? So dark, Uber dark tint? or painted? Looks like its gunja be a good build
    Hey. They were painted black over a dark tint plastic. Agro now owns those windows because I am going windowless.

Cruiser
    So Blocker how are you or should I say your panel beater going to tackle the filling in of the windows?? same way Ian did his Valencia or a different way? Curious as I have to address the same issue though mine are 3/4 length ones not two small ones each side.

my dash has the same sticker and numbers in the plastic as your photo showes and the same huge radio hole. is that radio the original so as i am looking to buy one it is a white needle and that brand ?

It is the right one for that model

Have a browse through the forums, and don't be scared to use the search box on the right hand side of the page. You can type in dash or fascia and you will get heaps of info coming back to you to research on :Chin:

Crash pads or dash were made by a 3rd party manufacturer and supplied exlusively to Holden, you will find similar or same stickers on yours as others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KRUIZ View Post
    Hi, Are you talking about the section following the rear console mount... very strange for two to have the same modification. Would the console sit right even if they hadn't flattened it?

Are these two from the same plant?

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Thread Information