Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: factory windows

Clear as mud, but thanks for your answer on A09.
    Time for me to dig out some of my Holden literature and see if I can prove or disprove any of this!

One thing I'm pretty sure on is that "if" Holden were to release the side glass as an option it will not vary between plants (unless it was totally outsourced).

What other of the "heaps" of options do you know of that weren't mentioned in sales brochures and Holden literature?

OK,

Both the HJ and HX Master parts catalog's contain part numbers for both the glass and seals.

They are all the same for both of these models at least.

RHF 2805636 Glass
    LHF 2805637 Glass
    RHR 2805638 Glass
    LHR 2805639 Glass

Forward Glass 2805673 Weatherseal
    Rear Glass 2805674 Weatherseal
    Front 7382324 Locking Strip Filler
    Rear 7382325 Locking Strip Filler

Masterparts catalog's list the A09 code as "Fixed Side Windows"

So there you go, I've supplied the parts number - now off to Holden and pick them up!

I can't access my HQ or HZ catalogs at this stage. Maybe somebody else can look them up? Group 11.011 in both HJ and HX variants.

Sandman Guru
    Those are HT-HG era part numbers. They aren't in the 11/71 HQ parts catalogue, but they are in later revisions. Same part numbers are in HZ and WB catalogues.

A09 isn't listed as a mainstream option in the mid-HQ commercial order procedure I have, but neither re many options - they go in the OTHER OPTIONS (unlisted) section of the order form. I'll have to check up the full HT-HG options list and see if A09 is there.

Just a coupe of obscure options I didn't realise existed:

D43 - Internal rear vision mirror (this was actually an option on cab-chassis)
    A82 - Head restraint (head rests), optional in early HQ

The one that surprised me the most recently was it was possible to delete RTS on HZ cab chassis. You got rag tyres and no RTS badges. Lots of others too like ladder rack and canopy, sign holders, delete battery, fire extinguishers etc. Many of them are Govt or export only hence why they are obscure. There was a BT1 Police pack in HZ as well which surprised me..

RV mirror delete (or not ticked) was for cab chassis destined to be bread trucks and the like. I'm not sure but there was also an option for the larger external mirrors as well (the big square ones on the frames, not the black ones on the triangular support) to see out past the wider aluminium body work. Saw a few of those being pre-delivered.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    If you wanted the rear view mirron on a cab-chassis you had to option it, standard didn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    If you wanted the rear view mirron on a cab-chassis you had to option it, standard didn't have one.
    Internal rear view mirror was an at cost option for HQ vans in Queensland at a cost of $4.00 in late 1973. External side mirrors were standard only. My Sandman in 1974 had all three mirrors when delivered and was a show room filler for the dealer - not a special order. Let the investigations begin . . .

Sandman Guru
    It won't be a special order, simply ordered with option A09 by whomever ordered it (dealer, zone office or simply built for stock). D43 is standard on HQ ute and van according to the dealer order procedure. Passenger side mirror (option DG1) was standard on HQ panel van and cab chassis, and mandatory on utes sold new in QLD, VIC, TAS and WA. Optional on utes in other States/Territories.

Interesting to see Amourglass used for the factory side windows. Holden normally used Pilkington. The factory glass in the HJ Sandman I just bought is Pilkington the same as Rod and Jennie's HZ and their glass is the exact same size and curvature as mine. My van is Brisbane built and theirs is Adelaide.

factory glass is narrower than aftermarket glass and is angled to suit the side panel beauty lines.

horrible shaped aftermarket glass
    image.jpg

Wide aftermarket glass
    image.jpg

Narrow aftermarket glass
    image.jpg

Factory fitted glass is always shorter panel at the front and longer panel at the rear and should be curved to match the curve of the metal panel.
    image.jpg
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

and they are all horrible and ruined the panel in panel van!

My opinion of course...

Good effort Sean grouping all the uglyness for people to understand.

If your going to have side windows you want them like the yellow van. Then jam in some tinted bubble windows yeah, that's the stuff.

Thread Information