Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daves HX Panelvan

Daves HX Panelvan

This HX panelvan was my first car i bought it when i was 17 and spent a bit of money getting it on the road and putting the 308 etc in it, it got taken off the road about a year after i got my licence due to the p plater restrictions so it sat in my grandfathers back yard whilst i finished up on my p's did up a few other cars so after 6 and a half years i decided 2 weeks ago to begin restoring my van, at this stage it has been stripped down body blasted and sealed now im beginning work on the chassis.

Cool, love seeing the builds. Doesn't look like it was all that rusty either (well, compared to some).

Thats a resto back to shell are you planning on painting it the same colour

haha yeah not too bad worst is passenger gutters and drivers sill it must have had a couple of restos in its time the first there was a bit of lead wiping and bronzing (not from factory), and the next a few plates welded in and a little bit of bog, it wasn't the first time it was bare metalled, there was none of the factory contessa gold on the exterior, just primer and the burgundy, ive just got to weld the spare wheel mounting rails back in to my chassis and ill be sandblasting that hopefully next week, then rebuild everything on the chassis cant wait for it to be rolling again

no im going to be spraying it light blue metallic at this stage with the light blue dark blue plum stripes

ive always wanted a blue sandman I've not found the exact colour yet i love one of the factory solid light blues but i want a metallic version, its not going to be a strict sandman mockup, it will have a statesman nosecone custom interior in the back, probably an injected 5 litre with TH400, it will take a bit longer than my tonner did to restore but im hoping Christmas next year ill be finished

Sounds good there is some nice metallic blues out there now keep up the pics
    cheers gene

Sounds good there is some nice metallic blues out there now keep up the pics
    cheers gene

Leadfoot
    Very nice Dave! You have been blessed with fairly rust free start!
    The colour scheme sounds great! Are you going to run the standard front metal, or go for twin headlight!

Twin headlight yeah it is a good van it had almost no signs of rust when i first bought it i paid $4600 for it in 2007 with a 161 auto in it upgraded to the 308 th400 got taken off the road because of p plates and thats when the rust formed in the gutters and behind the windscreen sitting for over 6 years outside wasn't good for it

Thread Information