Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T700

T700

Has anyone put a t700 into a Sandman

Would like to know as well

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

So far I have found out that if you use a not electric version eg one from a Vn it’s easy also the speedo cable fits right in.was thinking cross member and tail shaft etc changes

Van078 (Lance) has from the Majestic's forum .
    From what I can remember it's exactly the same as aTH350 except for the Throttle Valve (TV) cable to the carby.
    Which controls the pump pressure in the box vs throttle position and needs to be set up properly.
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

Do they use a dip switch on the floor for the over drive?

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

No the box is an actual 4spd.
    If your seeing a dip switch on the floor your probably looking at a Gear Vendors overdrive,
    Which will turn a TH350 into a 6spd box with top gear going to about .85:1
    But in saying that you can now get stand alone modules for the 4L60e/80e & 85e aswell
    Last edited by panoz78; 18-03-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

I have a Turbo 700 out of a VN Commodore in my van. I needed a different (shorter) TV cable so it would connect to the Rochester carby (I think it came from a 80's FWD Chev) , I had to drill a new hole ( hole closer to the pivot) in the selector arm on the transmission so I could engage all 4 gears using the standard HZ and I need a new cross member. I also got a kit from Summit that locked the converter but I am not satisfied the trans guy installed it correct.

How does it perform?

Performs OK. Sits on about 2500rpm on the freeway with a 3.36 rear gear and 14" rims. I have never had a another gear box in the van so I can not give you a comparison to any other set up.

hello

i have installed a few t700 gearboxes in holden utes and its a fad not really worth it in the long run stick with the trimatic , turbo 350 or 400.
    first the crossmember is different to t350 gearbox mount you have to file it where the bolts go to fit. 2nd the tailshaft is shorter , speedo cable slots straight in no dramas , third you have to wire it up to lock up when required , also change your brake light switch to a double , tvs cable has no dramas if its out of a vn it slots straight on rochester carbie . city driving economy is poor because of the ratio of the gears , country driving is good with the final gear.

george

Thread Information