Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daves HX Panelvan

Quote Originally Posted by SANM4N View Post
    Twin headlight yeah it is a good van it had almost no signs of rust when i first bought it i paid $4600 for it in 2007 with a 161 auto in it upgraded to the 308 th400 got taken off the road because of p plates and thats when the rust formed in the gutters and behind the windscreen sitting for over 6 years outside wasn't good for it

thats the magic number... my bro bought a totally rust free HZ v8 van and used it as a surf hack and dingy towing pig for only 6 years. hey presto and its now up for a full rebuild. gutters, side seams are perfect but firewall, windscreen, lower rear 1/4's, beaver, floors required extensive work. getting painted in Jasmine any day now!
    BQZ

nice Jasmines a great colour, i didnt get new centre bolts (the one with the locator head) i wire wheeled got a thin file into the thread and repainted put in and touched up i got new bolts for that clamped section i didn't know where to get a bolt that had the locator round head on it, bolt only had gunked up thread the actual bolt was still good ive got new shackles that look great they come painted black but i may repaint the same black as my chassis, speaking of i was hoping to blast today, severe thunderstorm warnings for melbourne today, i need a nice day because my blaster mate normally does boats so its outside in a big pen and i have to transport the bare chassis home to paint so i may think about a good car carcover but we need 2 hours of good weather so my diff and a few other small bits can be blasted too

just got back from kingswood country, a nice bag of parts chassis blasting has been set for friday, cant come fast enough im going to blast the control arms now as well figure i may as well so i can paint them with por 15 without using there expensive cleaners its going to be a more resilient paint in the end, was going to do them in 2 pac but that scratches easily

chassis sandblasted this morning!!!!

i brought it home to paint in por 15 then a pro 15 satin chassis coat

Looking good, will come up like new.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

yeah that POR15 is a good paint im going to get a bit more and flip the chassis over to give the engine bay section an extra coat as its seen more so i will give it a light sand to smooth it up even more, will end up with 4 coats in the engine bay of nice satin black chip resistant paint

love por 15 for coverage and gloss hardened finish but price wise its pretty expenive just paid $53 for 500ml to finish small job

Cruiser
    How much does 500ml cover,can you store it for a while if you buy a large tin and use a bit at a time. I've read a bit about it a few on here use it , is that what is used on your whole chassis and bolt ons if so how much have you used SANM4N I've 2pac painted my tonna chassis but reassembly has given me a few scratches so might use por15 on my ute when I do it

ive used a litre of the por 15 on my chassis and diff, and just under a litre of the por top coat to do the chassis and diff i still have to do all the control arms and bits and pieces so i have to get another litre i think i paid $90 a litre for the por 15 and $115 per litre for the chassis black por paint, you can store it but they recommend gladwrap under the lid and refrigerated so ive got the little bit of chassis black in the beer fridge i dont know if i would use there chassis black again i only did it because POR15 dulls off if exposed to sunlight so i got the top coat which is a satin but i dont think it looks as good, (the body might not go back on this year so if its out of the garage and in the carport i dont want it to fade)

Thread Information