Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's WB....

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    umm mm only in a mothers eyes
    Yeah, I agree. WB front doesn't grab me, although looking at it every day it has grown on me. When you've got a HZ front and GTS guards laying around the temptation is just too high to throw them on. My only concern is whether I can still use the WB radiator support. The WB has the Commodore cross flow radiator and I want to retain it.

Here's some pics of the HQ seats that are temporarily in until my new seats are ready....

And a console my mate trimmed for my ute to match the HQ seats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

And one of the Magnum mags before I spend a million hours trying to polish them to perfection....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    Ah why take a step backwards to an earlier front.

I see your point, but the standard WB front just looks a bit commercial (which it is, sort of). If the bumper had a bit more character like a rubber strip then I'd be happier. It's a bit like the UC Torana front...It's not that it looks bad, it just isn't as good looking as the earlier ones in my opinion.

I reckon I might try to build a new grille that gets rid of the filler strips between the grille and the headlghts and that might help too. Or a Statesman front if they weren't hard to get and dear as poison....

We'll see. I'm in no hurry and I take all advice on board before acting.

Anything to get rid of the WB Kingswood front should be investigated in my opinion as I'm not a fan.
    I liked the round light commercial version better and it's as ugly as sin.

Banned
    Is it a mutant front round headlight or the rectangal light front?
    You don't need a whole statesman front. Only nose cone and headlights if its not a mutant front.
    UC Torana and WB are not comparable. No one ever liked UC. WB knocked all the earlier series for six for 20 years.

Last WB I had we left the WB guards and lower apron on and fit a cut down HJ nosecone and HJ Bumper. The lower apron of the WB gave it a real clean look. My mate took it off to fit a WB statesman front so I've got the other one at the farm. Thinking of fitting it to my tonner.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Last WB I had we left the WB guards and lower apron on and fit a cut down HJ nosecone and HJ Bumper. The lower apron of the WB gave it a real clean look. My mate took it off to fit a WB statesman front so I've got the other one at the farm. Thinking of fitting it to my tonner.
    Have to agree with playwme. That mod looks really clean and neat as long as the cut down and folded earlier nose is mated to the valance properly. Not to mention it takes people sometimes a good 5-10 minutes to work out what is different about the front end....
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Or.... Sell it to me!!!! that sounds like a really cool front.

I made the inside side panels today out of 3-ply and they came up pretty good. They will be trimmed to match the rest of the interior.

A quick question.....

At the front lower edge the body has that taper section that stops the side panel from sitting flush. should I cut the panel to fit around it, or just leave it alone? Obviously I need to do it before it's trimmed and I'm just not sure what would look neater.

Any opinions?

Thread Information