Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's WB....

My new seats arrived today...... outstanding trim job.

Pics tomorrow....

I guess that means my HQ seats are now for sale.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Shame your not in adelaide bigrob, just texted razman about his hq bench but its gone to another place... :(

Won't have any trouble moving them? What price were you chasing?

Love the side panels! Did you insulate the backs?

I'm thinking that I'll crack out the vaccume bags and make some moulded sides that can clip on like door cards.

Long live the WB!
    Last edited by mook; 28-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Leadfoot
    Go all out on a WB Statesman front? I've got a couple of bits I could sell.

Cruiser
    I'd love to buy the seats, but they'd need to be re-trimmed, so not much point forking out... :(

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    Shame your not in adelaide bigrob, just texted razman about his hq bench but its gone to another place... :(

Won't have any trouble moving them? What price were you chasing?

Love the side panels! Did you insulate the backs?

I'm thinking that I'll crack out the vaccume bags and make some moulded sides that can clip on like door cards.

Long live the WB!
    Thanks, I've got insulation to go in the walls and roof when the panels and roof lining go in after trimming. I'm using stainless allen bolts to hold the side panels in. The door trims have some as a decorative feature so I thought I'd continue the theme and let the attaching bolts be seen rather than hidden.

I have a real good WB bench seat too that is taking up space. Perfect springs and runners and only a little wear on the drivers side.

Loving the way your van is coming along too!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    I'd love to buy the seats, but they'd need to be re-trimmed, so not much point forking out... :(
    No, these are perfect, the covers have about $500.00 worth of material alone, so it would be crazy to take them off.

Someone will have a use for them for sure. And the console in the pics can be included too.

OK.... here's the new seats, check out the perfect stitching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spent the long weekend fitting insulation in the rear roof and sides, carpet on the lower rear sides and floor and reshaping my upper side panels to fit in the gap above the "ute" section and below the roof rails. They are being trimmed in the morning and I expect them back tomorrow afternoon along with my front kick trims.

Waiting for my moulded front carpet to arrive so I can fit it and the new seats, then all that's left is the headliner and the interior is finished.

Then the exterior gets a bit of attention with new paint and wheels.

Cutting the carpet for the rear floor was interesting. I never realised that the right and left wheel arches were different shapes. Luckily I made a template of one side and folded it in half and noticed when I test fitted it on the floor there was a big difference.

Pics tomorrow when the side panels come back from the trimmer....

DSC02872 small.jpgDSC02868 small.jpg

Side panels in, carpet done (even the bloody wheel arches!). Front carpet goes in on Saturday along with the HZ seats and it's off to my local Historic Car Club annual show and shine on Sunday (yeah, while Bathurst is on!)

Exterior won't win any prizes, but the interior is tidy. Once the roof bows arrive and I get the headliner in I can concentrate on paint....

looks good

Thread Information