Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Big Rob's WB....

Cruiser
    Ah, the old Blow Back, did it have 2 motors at any stage?

Cheers.

Banned
    Yeah BloBak had a 308 in the front and a 253 in the back in the end. That's about when Utes ended the Van craze. That was one of my favourite Utes. Ron Barclays blue HQ ute was nicer though.
    IMG_0240.JPG
    Last edited by wbute; 04-08-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    The look of the early lights or the look without the side markers?
    Or both?
    I was referring to the Tail lights but I'm happy to go with both.

The main reason as you have badged/stickered as a Sandman and WB lights look wrong with that combo.

Agree 100%.... the minute the Sandman sticker went on the tailgate I knew I would eventually have early taillights.
    There are some vans that look ok with WB lights, like some are able to pull off the look of having side windows while others can't, but mine wasn't one of them.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Yeah BloBak had a 308 in the front and a 253 in the back in the end. That's about when Utes ended the Van craze. That was one of my favourite Utes. Ron Barclays blue HQ ute was nicer though.
    IMG_0240.JPG
    tuff as farkkk
    BQZ

21761468_1874984246152926_3453153029066227419_n.jpg21761713_1874984142819603_2917121322099743518_n.jpgIt's been a week or so but the weather finally gave me a calm day to put the stripes on...
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Lookin' pretty tidy these days Rob
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thanks mate.
    Not many of you know, but 4 1/2 years ago I had a terrible cycling accident and for a brief period, I thought I was going to die on the road... Not a real nice situation to find yourself in. I remember telling my wife Donna as I was lying on the hospital emergency operating table that I really did regret not getting a Sandman van when I'd had the chance and now I might never get one. She burst into tears and said I could have one, just as soon as I get out of this place.
    Obviously I recovered somewhat (although not totally) and went on a search for a van and found this one. I had a vision for it and it's now just about what I pictured all that time ago...
    I went a bit crazy and bought a bunch more cool cars too, but this van has been my recovery project and I'm pretty happy with it. It's nice that others think it's cool too.

Like I told you once before I had spotted this Van at Turlinjah on the South Coast when after a two year search I finally found my Brother whom I'd never met in nearly 50 years. In fact he didn't know I existed yet we have the same parents (that was some blow out weekend!). Being a Vanner I spotted the White WB and thought it looked in pretty good nick. Then only a month or so later it was in your possession and I have followed it's progress. I knew you had a shoulder issue through other posts. Life's too short and sometimes you learn the hard way. Good on Donna and yourself now you're livin' the dream with some sweet rides!
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thanks mate.
    I remember the day I heard about the van... a mate called me and told me about it and then I went on a bit of a wild goose chase to find and talk to the owner. He was a retired sewing machine mechanic and had the van from new. The vynacote on the floor in the back didn't have a scratch on it because he put carpet in it as soon as he bought it.
    Needless to say, I bought it immediately and the journey began.....

Thread Information