Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's WB....

DSC02873 small.jpgDSC02875 small.jpg

Looks even better now..... after a day of encouraging the new seats to fit (bolt holes out by 1/2 a hole!) through new carpet. Then getting the kick trims I made to fit under the new pinchweld, then getting the chrome Premier sill trim to hold everything down.

About 4 hours to fit new carpet and seats and to get it all to fit and look right.

I'm happy now...just the headliner to go.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    You are trying to fit HZ seats into a WB? They had different runners and bolt holes. The stainless trims were standard on WB.
    Looks good.
    Last edited by wbute; 13-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Yeah. I had to drill 2 new inboard holes on each side to fit the seats when I replaced the bench, then used nuts with large flat washers. I may weld some nuts in if I get a chance when it's on a hoist, but it's fine the way it is.

And I don't think my original sill trims are stainless, they appear to be that silver/grey zinc plating. The chrome ones I used are from a HQ Premier that I bought years ago for my ute and never used. The holes were in a different place on them too!

We took it to the local show and shine today and it got a lot of favourable comments. I even got a few votes in the entrants choice category!

It's nice that other people like what you've done, (especially people on this forum that seem to have good taste) even though I do what I like not what other people want me too. My van.... My way.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Driver
    nice work

Thanks, yours looks pretty good too if your avatar is anything to go by!

One day soon mine will hopefully look like that.

DSC02799 small.jpg

This is what the cabin looked like the day I got it..... 7 weeks ago.

Learner Driver
    I just love all this...Bloody well done mate.

sweet man
    personally i prefer the bench seat. are you going to put in a seat seperator? stubby console. 253 trimatic is an awesome combo for a van imo. sweet little cruiser
    BQZ

Thanks guys.

This is going to be a nice van when I'm done, but it will always be a driver. I live real close to the ocean (100metres) and I get a lot of salt air and sea mist and it's a constant battle to keep stuff from rusting here so I'm not going to the extent that a lot of blokes do as far as paint and finish goes. It will be nice, tidy and reliable and turn a few heads (which it does now, even looking a bit rough).

The 253 is too new (218,000kms) and runs perfect, so I'm not in any hurry to pull it out and replace it. However, when I need to I have a 383 stroker with forged flat-top pistons, Edelbrock high rise, 780Holley and a big cam that is sitting on one of my engine stands waiting to get a run.

Vombil, I didn't mind the bench, but it doesn't go far enough back, so I felt cramped driving. Plus, at my age getting into the back is much easier between buckets than trying to climb over a bench. That's the same reason for no console, there's just a lot more room in the front without it. (and have you tried to find a stubby console anyway?... RARE!)

Cruiser
    Hmmmm I wish I had a 383 stroker with forged flat-top pistons, Edelbrock high rise, 780Holley and a big cam just sitting on 'one' of my engine stands... Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thread Information