Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's WB....

I want to see a 8 ball on that column shift Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    I want to see a 8 ball on that column shift Rob
    I actually drilled and tapped out a 5 ball yesterday!....
    Then while I was up in the shed loft looking for some tarp rope clips (that I know I have somewhere), I found my old 8 ball that I've had for about 40 years..... It's been on a heap of cars I've owned.
    So yeah.... you'll probably get to see it on there if the thread is the same.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

New Taillights1.jpgNew Taillights2.jpgOK...
    Back to the van.
    I finally got rid of those god awful WB taillights and fitted a pair of early model ones.
    The identity crisis is over and I'm now happy with it.
    Wiring was interesting but I worked out a way of making everything work independently.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    How do you get on at rego check with no side repeaters now? The WB protruding tail lights allowed them to delete the earlier side repeaters.
    I remember Agro saying to use diodes in the wiring to fix the wiring when going back to the older tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    How do you get on at rego check with no side repeaters now? The WB protruding tail lights allowed them to delete the earlier side repeaters.
    I remember Agro saying to use diodes in the wiring to fix the wiring when going back to the older tail lights.
    I don't think there would be a rego inspector in the country that would knock back a car for that even if they realised it wasn't there, but it's on club rego and that's not an issue.
    The way to stop the front indicators coming on when you put it in reverse is to use a different globe socket and a twin element globe. I attached the brighter element to the reversing light wire and the other to the indicator wire.
    It's a bit of mucking around but it works perfectly.

I like the look a lot more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I don't think there would be a rego inspector in the country that would knock back a car for that even if they realised it wasn't there, but it's on club rego and that's not an issue.
    The way to stop the front indicators coming on when you put it in reverse is to use a different globe socket and a twin element globe. I attached the brighter element to the reversing light wire and the other to the indicator wire.
    It's a bit of mucking around but it works perfectly.
    Fair enough.

The look of the early lights or the look without the side markers?
    Or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    I like the look a lot more.

Banned
    I wonder if those of us born in the 70's, who grew up in the 80's with no Holden Utes being built, will buy these HQ to WB's and pull all the daggy HQ-HZ tail lights and fronts off to fit later WB stuff? That was all the go through the late 80's and 90's. I doubt we will cut the roofs off vans again though.

Why not try this mod so you can have one of each
    Blobak.jpg

Thread Information