Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thing's you've done to you van or car, that didn't turn out the way you planned!

OK, here's one from this afternoon......

My mate the motor trimmer has been making the covers for the new seats for my van. Cool!

I asked him if he wanted the seats straight away, but he said to wait, he had patterns. No problem.

He brought the covers over the other day to show me and they looked unreal. Cool!

I dropped the seats (UC Torana) over to him this morning for him to fit the covers. Very cool!

He turned up after lunch looking a bit! sad, grumbling about how my seats were too small. NOTCOOL!

It turns out that Torana seats are smaller than HJ/X/Z seats that he had the patterns for and made my covers from. Also NOT COOL!

He has trimmed thousands of Holden bucket seats and never realised they were different sizes and we've ruined $750.00 in materials!

Anyone got a pair of HJ/X/Z buckets they don't need?........
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Oh dear! You will have no trouble finding some seats.

Leadfoot
    Big Rob, I think I can help! PM Sent.

Cheers, Scotty.

When we aquired the van the left speaker did not work.
    It's an 80's tape deck with 80's speakers so no biggy.
    The speaker that worked sounded terrible anyway, so two new speakers here we come.
    Left speaker still didn't work.
    Swap speakers over and again left speaker still didn't work.
    Fiddle with the wiring and the knobs, nup nothin.
    Oh no, time to bin the tape deck.
    Start pulling things apart and hang on, what's this.
    FADER.
    Rotate knob from "all right" to "central", and wham, stereo sound.
    Chrisp

Quote Originally Posted by ABSINTH74HQ View Post
    Big Rob, I think I can help! PM Sent.

Cheers, Scotty.
    Thanks Mate, reply sent.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Lovin' this thread. Makes me feel very human Thank you!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Think I've got a few of these stories but it was my most expensive one that hurt most- had a vx ss 5 years ago, took off gently after waiting or a train, gentle on the clutch n revs doing a low change to go over the lines in 2nd- just went a tiny pop and I was stuck in gear, limped it at 40km/h home and to the mechanics- one broken fork in the pressure plate- $2500. Got it back- heading to work at 90km in 5th, only bout 50 km since the new clutch- Big Bang, lots of grinding. Something went loose in the box and got jammed between gears by the look of it. Wrecked the t56 completely. Gearbox guys fix it quote- 3700 was a shame it was a great car and I always gave it plenty. Annoying it gave up for nothing! And usually I would fix it myself but couldn't afford the time off, couldn't afford to not have he car running.

Ok here is one more. I had a LX Sunbird I know lame. Decided to change engine to a 186 my future father inlaw had. All went well until time to drive it home, it started to shake like a dog sh1tting razor blades. Had a gut full so straight to RPM in Heidelberg reco 186. went to drive it home still shaking. Spent $1200 all up on the car still no good. In the end it was the tail shaft out of balance. Yeah felt really stupid.

Ok HZ EVIE, come on your turn fess up

Quote Originally Posted by HZSM50 View Post
    Ok here is one more. I had a LX Sunbird I know lame. Decided to change engine to a 186 my future father inlaw had. All went well until time to drive it home, it started to shake like a dog sh1tting razor blades. Had a gut full so straight to RPM in Heidelberg reco 186. went to drive it home still shaking. Spent $1200 all up on the car still no good. In the end it was the tail shaft out of balance. Yeah felt really stupid.
    LX Sunbirds can be OK. Mine has 124,000 original kms and when I blew up the crappy 4cyl (didn't take long!) I threw in a worked 308/Trimatic/3.08 diff. So now it's a sleeper SL/R 5000.

Thread Information