Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No More Ute?

The whole Australian auto industry has lost the plot, but then everyone on this forum knows that, that's why we are here. We love the stuff that was made when Australian cars were REAL cars.

One of the last things that we could hold onto was the ute, now they've snatched that from us too.

Who makes these stupid decisions?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Who makes these stupid decisions?[/QUOTE]

Talentless people who have brown nosed and back stabbed their way to management

The story reads in 3 years the Ute "might" be axed. Yeah, along with the rear wheel drive V8 Commodore.
    The idiot reporter continues to refer to the Holden Ute as a Commodore Ute.

All that said, think about it. The VF Ute is actually a VE shell as the "Ute" section didn't get any update. If you were the manufacturer why would you stop supply when it shares all parts with the VF Sedan apart from the old VE body shell and other rear components from the VE Ute. It's costing nothing to keep it online. Shared parts all the way.

That doesn't mean people will buy one, but you don't delete the product when it's costing nothing to keep it alive.
    At the next model change in 2016 when the rear wheel drive V8 Commodore is supposed to be replaced it might make sense if the sales aren't there.

It's easy to blame the cheap imports. But as the manufacturer you have to accept when you don't meet the public demand and it isn't all dollar based. Plenty of high dollar items get purchased over lesser products everyday!

So I'm wondering what this will do to prices of second hand utes now. When they stopped the WB ute didn't prices go up in the following years for them??

Will ppl begin collecting commo utes and storing them away for future profits??
    Looking at the V series Monaro market at the moment tells me it might not be a smart move.

JMO!!

Gaddy.

I wouldnt be too concerned Gaddy, one way or the other. Some people rush out and buy up vehicles, as soon as there is a limited edition built, with the intention of turning a profit, alway's happen's. That's why we never see interesting car's on the road anymore. Prices won't change, good clean original vehicle's, will alway's be in demand.

I listen to the older guy's, they were around car's when I was in kindergarten. In a nut shell, no one know's the future, market's change continually. I wish I had their experience, they didn't accquire their knowledge from book's.

Cheer's.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

So True!
    I learned everything about cars from old guys.

Now I TRY to teach young guys...... but not many want to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I wouldnt be too concerned Gaddy, one way or the other. Some people rush out and buy up vehicles, as soon as there is a limited edition built, with the intention of turning a profit, alway's happen's. That's why we never see interesting car's on the road anymore. Prices won't change, good clean original vehicle's, will alway's be in demand.

I listen to the older guy's, they were around car's when I was in kindergarten. In a nut shell, no one know's the future, market's change continually. I wish I had their experience, they didn't accquire their knowledge from book's.

Cheer's.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information