Thread: Joining a Club before the New Year

Cruiser

Joining a Club before the New Year

Can someone explain to me why I need to join a car club before the new year please? I've been told something about not being able to get club rego if I don't?
    I'm unclear on how important this is, or will be in the future.
    Also, it would seem that rural car clubs are few and far between..?
    Thanks in advance if anyone can clarify the new rules.

I haven't heard anything about this at all mate! And as far as I'm aware you can join any car club you want it doesn't have to be in your area!

Try and PM Jennie and Rod for more info.

Gaddy.

My understanding of the club rego system was that you needed to be a financial member of the car club who offers the club rego. Depending on the clubs constitution you may have to attend a certain number of club run events a year to qualify access to that clubs club rego system but that will vary from club to club. If your membership expires then your access to the club rego system would lapse soon after. No different to being a RSL club member and access to the various services and facilities offered by the RSL.
    You are right about the decreasing number of car clubs. That is not restricted to the regional areas but I think the decline may be more rapid than there city based associates. I have been a member of a number of sporting car clubs over the years and they all struggle for numbers for these days. The advent of the internet and various online social groups makes it so much easier to communicate with like minded enthusiasts. When I first started out a lot of the information and stories came from attending the monthly club meetings and reading the newsletter that arrived in the mail. Now you can read updates on Facebook from various competitors as the events progress.

Anthony

Cruiser
    Cheers Gaddy and Anthony.
    I only ask as my best mate has told me something about laws being passed in the new year which state that non-existing club members will be unable to obtain club rego in the future. My utes/van fall into one of the categories and it's got me into panic mode as the new year has snuck up, as usual. I'm a member of quite a few online clubs, but none of these are anything more than social networking groups when it comes to technicalities such as rego and financial membership.

The lack of rural clubs makes it very difficult to attend meets as I'm usually working reasonably long hours and would have to drive up to 5 hours to attend. I'm sure there are some closer clubs, I'm still searching. Thinking I'll contact The Monaro Club of Australia? this afternoon. I have some cards on the pin board at home.

If I get any more info on the law changes, I'll post it here so others have a more accurate awareness.

Haven't heard of any Changers to historic rego law but for the Central west car club you need to be a member of our club and our constitution requires you to go to three club outing per year to maintain or create some club partition but club outing not only include local show and shine ,they include all hollen day ,summer nats ,all ford day ,and can include local events to yourself that have been included in the minutes even if you are the only club member going

It would probably be better for you if you could find a local club
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post

The lack of rural clubs makes it very difficult to attend meets as I'm usually working reasonably long hours and would have to drive up to 5 hours to attend. I'm sure there are some closer clubs, I'm still searching.
    Try ASRF - Australian Street Rod Federation, only requirement is to be a financial member. Jez

Thread Information