Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandman Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Shane308 View Post
    I put new front and rear screens in my coupe about 18 months ago and the front came without the black band so I had windscreen bloke put it on before he installed it.
    They look so much neater with the band.
    Was the rear screen brand new? Where did you get it from?

Banned
    I hate the black band up the sides. Makes the A pillars appear thicker and restricts your visibility. Not that I drive it anymore anyway.... Just a shed filler now.

Can you purchase door glass new. I could seem to locate it when I restored my hz so used the best second hand that I could find
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

yes you can still buy new aftermarket hj wb door glasses but only with green glass hq coupe rear screens are available in toughtened and laminted approx price to buy 450 500 also bostic who made the thermo melt in windscreen kits have discontinued this line so windscreens will be fitted in sikaflex

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    yes you can still buy new aftermarket hj wb door glasses but only with green glass hq coupe rear screens are available in toughtened and laminted approx price to buy 450 500 also bostic who made the thermo melt in windscreen kits have discontinued this line so windscreens will be fitted in sikaflex
    Do you know who has the Coupe rear screens? Gaddy's been looking for one.

Hey thereShane308, wondering where you sourced your rear screen for your coupe and how much you paid?
    (Of course I am assuming its a Holden coupe?)

Cheers

Gaddy.

It's a rockin'
    i bought new door glass for my HQ coupe from a place called Autoglass warehouse in brisbane and they have all glass to suit a HQ coupe ,you can also get a heated rear HQ coupe window from them.I live in SA and they arrived well packed
    They are on ebay Gaddy just type in HQ coupe window
    Last edited by thatotherguy; 13-01-2014 at 05:09 PM.

better to go straight to the aussie importers either national auto glass or globeparts both got branches aussie wide

My rear screen came from Ralph Moore auto glass in Sydney, I got one with the demister so I now plug my radio into the demister tabs and use it for an arial, then the windscreen bloke took it away and tinted before installing it out of a single piece of tint (a few tinting shops told me they would have to tint the rear screen in pieces because of all the shape), while he was here fitting it we decided to do the front as well so he ordered me one then put the band on it before fitting, the band today's the look up in my opinion because it hides the base up where it meets the dash where it's really tight and hard to get in there to clean, then he told me he can get side glass for the coupes as well so that'll be on the cards soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    i bought new door glass for my HQ coupe from a place called Autoglass warehouse in brisbane and they have all glass to suit a HQ coupe ,you can also get a heated rear HQ coupe window from them.I live in SA and they arrived well packed
    They are on ebay Gaddy just type in HQ coupe window
    I got all my door glass from this place mate but when I asked him about a rear screen he told me they don't do them??

Gaddy!!

Thread Information