Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/1978 hz ute

Cool 12/1978 hz ute

This is my 1978 hz ute I've owned for over 8 years now. She was my daily drive till 6 years ago where it just sat in my old mans shed now that I have dragged her 1500km to her new home time for a ground up rebuild.

Now just to work out how to up load photos.

How-to-Upload-Photos

and

Post number 32: Posting-pics

The member Innuendo has put up a fairly easy to follow tutorial as long as you have a photobucket (or similar) account. You can also use the inbuilt uploader present in the function buttons of the "Quick Reply" or "Advanced Reply" dialogue boxes which are self prompting and very easy to use.

Failing that you can search the subject using search area at the top of the page.

Regards,

Dave.
    Last edited by Taily; 14-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

I don't have photo bucket I'm just doing it off my iPad I have manage to up load pics into my album

Sorry they not in order but I hope this works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry about all the posts I'm still trying to learn how to drive this thing.

Now to explain all the photos the really dirty one is after its been sitting in the old mans shed for 6 years just put a new battery in primed up the fuel and she fired straight up. ( can't kill a good Holden )

The two interior shots were taken after someone had broken into the shed and into the ute and stole the UHF DVD player and the after market gauges.

The other shots except for the one in the street was taken when I dragged it 1500km to its new home. The street shot was when it was my daily drive.

It's going to be a long slow process but I have finianly started stripping her back.

Many thanks

Dave.

Good luck mate. will be watching your posts and following this restoration

Sandman Guru
    I have a bellhousing at home somewhere that bolts a decent engine into the old 45 series 'cruiser. Suits SBC or BBC with 11" flywheel. Makes them actually useable, rather than portable traffic jams! Very agricultural to drive, mine had a 327 in it. Not comfortable but fun!

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I have a bellhousing at home somewhere that bolts a decent engine into the old 45 series 'cruiser. Suits SBC or BBC with 11" flywheel. Makes them actually useable, rather than portable traffic jams! Very agricultural to drive, mine had a 327 in it. Not comfortable but fun!
    Hmmmmm, is that so. Do you know if the 5 speed in the 60 series is the same pattern as the 4 speed in the 40/45?
    I've got a 60 series Sahara with air steer sunroof and LPG. Currently 2F powered and it'll go anywhere but it's slooooooowwww. Also have a pair of FJ40's needing rebuilds. There's enough parts between them for one good one and seems to be a 308 conversion kit in one.

HZ looks good. Nice and straight which will hopefully make your build reasonably straightforward.

Sandman Guru
    308 is a waste of time, only 10" flywheel on the 308 and more torque out of a 2F. SBC is what you want, 11" flywheel and longer stroke in 305-307-327-350 and up.

Will be nice to see another ute loved and back on the road.

Yes they are the same stud pattern but there will be a few modification one is the hole where the gear stick comes through two you will need to change your tail shafts as they are different lengths and three your rear diff the 40s handbrake runs off the back of the box the 5 speed runs off the diff

And yes my hj45 is my other pride and joy she is set up as a tour I've done a few big trip now including the Simpson the strezlecki doing the cape in a few months time
    Last edited by Blocker; 14-01-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Thread Information