Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torquay car show?

Torquay car show?

Hi guys.

Was in Torquay on the weekend and noticed they have a car show coming up on Feb 9th. As we all know, Torquay is Victoria's and maybe even Australias surfing capitol, so i thought maybe it would be cool to see if we could get a few sandmans there? Im sure theyd love it.

Anyone interested? Unfortunately its also the same day as the hanging rock car show which is the undisputed king..

http://torquaymotorshow.com.au/

If not, maybe we can just see whos interested in doing a sandman run down the Great ocean road on a different weekend?

Also dont forget Feb 2nd is the big bacchus marsh car show too.

High 5 for the show updates mate

No doubt i'll be at Hanging Rock...as for the other shows, i'm not sure. All these projects i have going on, i'm determined to get them done, so a fair few things have to be put aside.

Hope all is well with you

All is well here mate. Getting a bit excited about getting stuck into the torana! Ill post a few pics at some stage. Lookin forward to seeing your Q soon!! Remember to text me if yr in Btown with your truck. Come over for a cuppa and we'll talk metal and cars!

Cruiser
    Looking forward to the pics of the Torrie, Hainzy..!

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Was in Torquay on the weekend and noticed they have a car show coming up on Feb 9th. As we all know, Torquay is Victoria's and maybe even Australias surfing capitol, so i thought maybe it would be cool to see if we could get a few sandmans there? Im sure theyd love it.

Anyone interested? Unfortunately its also the same day as the hanging rock car show which is the undisputed king..

http://torquaymotorshow.com.au/

If not, maybe we can just see whos interested in doing a sandman run down the Great ocean road on a different weekend?
    I've been to the Torquay Car Show the last couple of years for a look - its about 15 minutes down the road from me. It's grown and had quite a few vans last year - had a theme where you had to also have an old surfboard on board as well.

I should be good to go if anyone is up for it, or a cruize down GOR. Its pretty much a 'home game' for me.

Jeza, the theme for last year was surf vehicles and they had to have a surf board on or in them. This year they have gone with a Tradies ute theme and vehicles have to have tools in them. (must admit I have seen heaps of tools in utes around the surfcoast this summer) I think they should stick to the surf theme it makes it unique to Torquay then!
    Good car show and getting bigger as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    Looking forward to the pics of the Torrie, Hainzy..!
    Here ya go dago. Looks a bit like this:

Has these wheels on it now but I havent done much for a while. Planning to get stuck into it when the 7 year old starts school again and i have some time....

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    Jeza, the theme for last year was surf vehicles and they had to have a surf board on or in them. This year they have gone with a Tradies ute theme and vehicles have to have tools in them. (must admit I have seen heaps of tools in utes around the surfcoast this summer) I think they should stick to the surf theme it makes it unique to Torquay then!
    Good car show and getting bigger as you say.
    Thats right - I think it was vintage surfboards. Agree the surf theme is certainly more appropriate for Toquat and the Surf Coast. I found some photos from last year.

Torquay 1.jpeg
    Torquay 2.jpeg
    Torquay 3.jpeg
    Torquay 4.jpeg
    Torquay 5.jpeg

Cruiser
    Making me jealous Hainzy...

Hi All, I just read that the Hanging Rock Car Show has been postponed due to severe fire conditions tomorrow. I would say that Torquay Car Show will be a rippa with allot going there instead!

Thread Information