Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember?

We just got tickets to Suzie Q, the Angels, Russell Morris, the black sorrows and Shannon Noll at mudgee next weekend can't wait, I realize doc neeson won't be singing but it will still be awesome
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

The Angels without Doc is still a great line up. The Brewster boys still rock it out and you can't knock Dave Gleeson as their new frontman - he is a legend.

P Plater
    Who remembers RAT FINK stickers or transfers remember getting mine from Graham Roses speed shop in Footscray 60s

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    The Angels without Doc is still a great line up. The Brewster boys still rock it out and you can't knock Dave Gleeson as their new frontman - he is a legend.
    Love the Angels! We've seen them 4 times, once at the old Sandringham Hotel in Perth with Doc, once at the Raffles Hotel without him, and twice in Broome at the Roey without him. All good, nothing beats their live energy and base lines. 'This is it folks......over the TOP!!!!!!.

If we are talking the seventies, saw a band in my high school assembly hall in 1976. They were just starting out. ACDC.
    Greatest rock band God ever shoveled guts into !

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
    Yeah, KFC buckets & Barrels.

We all thought that Kentucky Chicken was so great when it first came to Australia. I seem to remember they had a really good fruit salad in the drink fridge, where they have the coleslaw & now 'bean salad'.

Where have all of the real Milk Bars gone ? I understand this was an Aussie invention & the first proper one was in Bondi in the 30s. It was a marketing thing to promote milk, probably by Dairy Farmers or someone similar. These days the term milk bar just means a corner store or deli, nothing like the wall to wall stainless steel cafes where the guys behind the counter wore white uniforms & hats & made the best milkshakes & sundaes.

Who remembers when a delicatessen was called a "ham & beef" shop ? AFAIK the term delicatessen came to Australia with the European migrants.

Dr Terry
    There is a Milk shake Bar in Dunedoo called the White Rose, high back seats, wooden serving bar the lot. The real deal. It was still there a year ago

Sandman Driver
    I know soft drink is already mentioned on this thread in some detail, but I couldn't remember if anyone specifically mentioned glass 750 ml soft drink bottles (prior to 1.25 lt P.E.T.) from the bigger companies.

Anyway, I was under the house yesterday to look at where the water hammer was coming from, - I don't think anyone's been in there for many many years. Way up the back I found this one:

I couldn't help thinking, 40 plus year old Fanta keeps its colour surprisingly well! Yes I did open it to check for fizz (none) but the smell? somewhere between post-mix concentrate and lino polish.

I considered ebaying it but when I washed the bottle the label disintegrated, its in the recycling now. (But I wonder if it's still worth 25 cents as a refund in S.A.) .... it may have only been 10 cents back in the day, I cant remember.

Banned
    Anyone remember the glass 500ml coke bottles from the late 80's. you could knock the thread of the neck with a 50cent coin as neatly as anything. Couldn't do it to any other bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    I know soft drink is already mentioned on this thread in some detail, but I couldn't remember if anyone specifically mentioned glass 750 ml soft drink bottles (prior to 1.25 lt P.E.T.) from the bigger companies.

Anyway, I was under the house yesterday to look at where the water hammer was coming from, - I don't think anyone's been in there for many many years. Way up the back I found this one:

I couldn't help thinking, 40 plus year old Fanta keeps its colour surprisingly well! Yes I did open it to check for fizz (none) but the smell? somewhere between post-mix concentrate and lino polish.

I considered ebaying it but when I washed the bottle the label disintegrated, its in the recycling now. (But I wonder if it's still worth 25 cents as a refund in S.A.) .... it may have only been 10 cents back in the day, I cant remember.
    That was a great find Dave, I remember the 750ml bottles fondly. Pity it was the paper label verity.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Anyone remember the glass 500ml coke bottles from the late 80's. you could knock the thread of the neck with a 50cent coin as neatly as anything. Couldn't do it to any other bottles.
    Coke tasted/tastes way better out of glass and seems colder as well. I have never tried to break the neck of a bottle.

Oh yeah! Coke tasted SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD back when I was a kid! The bubbles flew up your nose when you took the 1st swig and the taste was sensational.
    Coke from a glass long necked bottle.........
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information