Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember?

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Oh yeah! Coke tasted SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD back when I was a kid! The bubbles flew up your nose when you took the 1st swig and the taste was sensational.
    Coke from a glass long necked bottle.........
    Always feel like my dad when I say this but yes, agree with you Rob, " back in my day" , Coke tasted so damn good!

Just wondering about you blokes. You seem to be getting fairly excited and when you start using phrases such as
    " up your nose " in the same sentence as " coke" well .......... Just wondering that's all.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    Just wondering about you blokes. You seem to be getting fairly excited and when you start using phrases such as
    " up your nose " in the same sentence as " coke" well .......... Just wondering that's all.
    Yes, that is a worry isn't it.

Interestingly, the original Coca-Cola (c. 1890) actually did contain cocaine, but this was removed from the recipe in the early 1900s.

Dr Terry
    Last edited by Dr Terry; 28-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
    Yes, that is a worry isn't it.

Interestingly, the original Coca-Cola (c. 1890) actually did contain cocaine, but this was removed from the recipe in the early 1900s.

Dr Terry
    It's amazing how many people don't believe that and think it's a myth. It contained quite a substantial amount of cocaine. It was originally an elixir made to cure the morphine addiction of its creator.

It got its name from the Coca plant (cocaine) and the Kola plant (Caffiene) which were the two main ingredients of Coca Cola. The K in Kola was changed to a C for marketing purposes. The Coca plant is still used today to make the syrup but has gone through a process to remove the cocaine prior to being used for flavoring the syrup.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

I always knew that about coke now do you think the reason we are addicted to chocolate is because it contains coke too lol.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Something I have not seen for many year's is a car hoist you drive on to. All I see now is a hoist with arm's that come out, and are put in place by the guy that is about to work on your vehicle. When my sandman was young, I used to take it to a friend's garage and it was driven on to the hoist so I could have a good look under it.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Cola Polar Bars...was my favourite ice block! Bulla bought them back a while ago but only in a assorted box of flavours...bought back many memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Something I have not seen for many year's is a car hoist you drive on to. All I see now is a hoist with arm's that come out, and are put in place by the guy that is about to work on your vehicle. When my sandman was young, I used to take it to a friend's garage and it was driven on to the hoist so I could have a good look under it.
    I worked in a servo that had hydraulic single pole hoists. You could actually turn the car around to drive them out. Very cool. The only problem was the pole was covered in greasy oil and many a customer fell foul of them when taking a peak under their car.

Cruiser
    Must have been popular heaps have been filled in over the years all the old shops I've seen have them sounds to be a good idea but must have been dangerous or they would still be used . For personal use and recoed I'd love one , drive on then spin it and drive off how cool!

Cruiser
    Isn't Robbo talking about a 4-post hoist, where you just drive up onto 2 ramps, & you don't need to locate anything under the body ?

Most of the single pole hydraulic hoists I've worked with just have 2 rails, where the fittings for the underbody slide along.

Dr Terry

Thread Information