Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Put your hand up if you thought you were cool with a Rank Arena tele.
    Wally I have to admit we had one with the cable operated remote control.... Plenty flash for the time
    Nunc est bibendum...

My mrs nan still had a big old His Masters Voice TV up until a couple of years ago. Was still going when my uncle-in-law bought her a new flat screen job.

Kimba the white lion

Leadfoot
    Wheelie and the chopper bunch or the banana splits on the television and Leed or Big Boy Lemonade

Wally
    Kimba was my hero!!!
    Saw SKIPPY DVD in the shops the other day . Bought it just for the grand kids as they had never seen it before. Well, sat them in front of the tv and gave them the lecture on paying attention to this aussie classic. After the first episode finished I said "we'll what do you think of that kids" . The 6 yr old grandson said " good pa but which one is skippy."

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    Wally I have to admit we had one with the cable operated remote control.... Plenty flash for the time
    I was a colour TV technician back then & there were no 'cable operated' Rank Arenas. All of their remotes in those days were ultrasonic & they went infra red in the 80s.

Rank Arena TVs (which were re-badged NECs) didn't come to the Aust market until 1974/75 for the start of colour TV on Mar 1 1975.

The old cable remote TVs were around in the mid 60s on top end black & white TVs, like Kreisler etc.

Dr Terry

I miss having servos on virtually every suburban corner, remember brands like Amoco, Ampol, Atlantic, Neptune, Golden Fleece, COR, Total, Esso, Fleetwing.
    Last edited by Dr Terry; 24-01-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Funk and wagnells encyclopedia whos parents didnt have a set of these

Leadfoot
    I remember the first computer I used in school was a Microbee that had a normal cassette like in a car or a radio cassette player as the disk around 82 or 83 must have been. Mums still got the Funk & Wagnells.

My grad father owned and ran the Neptune station in Melbourne St. North Adelaide. It was later rebadged as Shell.

I learnt to ride my bike in the drive way, and as a 8 year old would wash windshields and check and top up oil.

P Plater
    Esso extra promotion put a tiger in your tank . And they give or sold you a tiger tail to tie to your petrol cap

Thread Information