Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duc1991 HZ Supermint Sandman

Sandman Driver
    I really am convinced now having used it, that the best primer and rustproofing for any panel work where rust has been present (even where it is all properly cut away and replaced) is "Rustbullet Automotive".

I had posted more info about it here, but edited it as it's not really relevant to this thread, but, if you're interested, let me know and I'll add it here or start a separate thread.

I tend to find, that when rust starts coming through, it's not always just about cutting away till you get to the hard steel, sometimes, you get the beginnings of isolated corrosion around the area, perhaps initially just black spots, progressing to tiny pitting, still hidden under the surrounding paint. (say for six inches or so around?)

In the early stages, if you catch it, really good prep and a really decent rust preventative coating can stave that off for a fair while/ long time.

But, I reckon good prep and rust bullet can probably actually stop minor corrosion for much longer than conventional paint.

I have only watched the results on my application of rust bullet for one year, but I'm nearly prepared to say it may actually stop - yep stop, corrosion in steel for the duration of its coating - its some sort of metaloid coating which is designed to stop electrolysis in ferris metal - or at least change it, and it sticks on hard but isn't so thick it mucks up the lines of the panels). You can use it for repair work too.

Great colour btw Duc!!

Anyways, just a thought.
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 04-03-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: entry was too off topic

Thanks for the comment SLR_dave. I would like to know more about "rustbullet automotive"

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc1991 View Post
    Thanks for the comment SLR_dave. I would like to know more about "rustbullet automotive"
    Ok, I'll get thread up soon.

HZ Sandman Resto_2 001.jpgI finished sandblasting the seams and put some rust convertor and etch primer on this arvoHZ Sandman Resto_2 009.jpg
    Last edited by Duc1991; 16-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Was this done with one of the small sandblasters?

Yes just in the seams and a wire wheel as well. The small sandblaster was not as quick as I thought.

Some photos of my activity over the last three weekends.Sandman Rest_4 004.jpg[ATTA

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 10949Attachment 10950

Sandman Resto_5 001.jpgTodays effort. I have taken off the guards and mounted some GTS guards. There was very little rust on the pillar behind the guards. I have a real run on now, like most of us, just wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.Sandman_Resto_7 027.jpgSandman_Resto_7 048.jpgSandman_Resto_7 050.jpgSandman_Resto_7 051.jpgSandman_Resto_7 053.jpgSandman_Resto_7 057.jpgSandman_Resto_7 057.jpgSandman_Resto_7 058.jpg

Good progress!

Can feel like a dog chasing it's tail but you'll get on top of it. All in all it doesn't seem all that bad really.

Thread Information