Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costings for parts/labour

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    I bet you would.
    Maximum $300 in quality parts the rest is an afternoons work for one person.
    With the right tools and press

Leadfoot
    Spend a few extra bucks and put a full front end kit in (last one I did cost about $350 delivered , tie rod ends track rod idler arm all ball joints and bushes).
    For that money you could buy all the tools and the parts and still have change.

Sandman Driver
    I reckon its really worthwhile sourcing quality bushes yourself, otherwise the workshop can just put in any old stock they have, or can source, and charge for the parts as if you got the best. Have an arrangement with them first that you will be sourcing the parts, or talk to them about it - even Pedders will do this.

There may be some debate here (welcomed) but alot of people go with Nolethane, they are a big brand, getting pricey, I reckon Super Roo do an equal product, a bit cheaper. NOS stock will be rubber and I really dont know, but I think the newer synthetics will last longer (gotta wait another 20 years to find out - lol).

One really good thing to know though is to make sure the workshop that does the job understands not to torque the control arm bushes whist the car is off the ground. Some workshops (may) not realise this - although they should. The control arm bushes need to be sitting in the position that they will take up under the full weight of the car when they are torqued up, (that is with the car sitting on the floor all wheels on) or they will squeak, and eventually tear/wear much quicker.

I agree with utevanwagon (above) as well, you may as well replace the ball joints at the same time, seems odd not too - maybe new ball joints are in your current quote?

Banned
    Nolethane can ride too harsh and lead to chassis cracking. Stick with rubber.

Thread Information