Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Code help please

Code help please

Hi All, came across a hq today with the paint code of 56815827 and trim 1877-30b can someone tell me what these are please?

Barbados Green with Black Trim.
    Highly desirable!

Does anyone know how many are recorded in this colour for a hq sandman ute? Sorry for all the questions but all will be revealed soon.

Your welcome!

Sorry Innuendo, I was a bit excited, I was in the middle of purchasing it and forgot my manners, so thanks again!
    Last edited by seavan; 15-03-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Just noticed on the sandman data it states hq sandman build up to the 8th month this one is the 9th month 74

Sandman Guru
    They were built in 9/74. Possibly unusual to find a Barbados one though in 9/74, may have been delayed for some reason eg painted in 8/74 but delayed slightly. Get me the details and i'll look it up (as long as it isn't an Adelaide one). I do have a Dandenong V8 Belmont Sandman 9/7 in 1877 though, so maybe Barbados wasn't changed over to HJ colour until late?

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    Sorry Innuendo, I was a bit excited, I was in the middle of purchasing it and forgot my manners, so thanks again!
    All good mate, I hope it all works out for you. Great combo, pity it's not a Panel Van, but hey a HQ Sandman Ute is nothing to sneeze at.

The guy I bought the ute off today had the original HQ gts steering wheel with sandman written across the horn cap that came on the ute and said it has matching numbers to the ute on it. Did they have numbers to match or is this a fopar? I didnt want to seem to interested in it as he wants to sell it seperately to the ute and wants $1000-$1500 hundred for it. I know they bring pretty good money but what are your thoughts? By the way the wheel is in perfect condition with hardly any signs of wear or smooth spots on the grip.

There will be no matching numbers on the steering wheel to confirm it left the production line with that particular steering wheel fitted to that particular vehicle. But gotta give him points for trying!
    HZ Persian Sand Mk2 Sandman (under full restoration)
    HX Chamois Monaro GTS

Thread Information