Hello all,

today my wife and I in our trusty HX Sandman ventured 20 km north of Toowoomba up the New England Highway to Hampton to visit the Qld Auto Museum.

Turning left at Hampton store and then left into Erbacher Road and travelling 1 km along it you will reach the pretty obvious gates on the left.

Attachment 10497

Then it’s past a vanguard of interesting relics along the driveway ……

Attachment 10498
Attachment 10499
Attachment 10500
Attachment 10501
Attachment 10502

To be fair, the above is a work in progress, lol.

We got to meet the owner, Roy Gorring and he is a great yarn teller and knows a couple of things about cars.

Interesting fella, started life as a mechanic, and then decided to try his hand at panel beating and spray painting and then ventured into telecommunications!

He has a terrific collection of cars and all the stories that go with them and other bits and pieces like one of Slim Dusty’s caravans and a Joh Bjelke-Petersen Jaguar.

It says a lot about Roy when you learn he runs a mentoring program which centres on young people who have been in trouble, being in his workshop with him and learning about cars, old cars, themselves, and a heap of other stuff. He is truly remarkable.

Not all of his vehicles are on display and he showed us some of his more regularly driven vehicles and his workshop has more collectable cars than you can poke a stick at,which, as I mentioned earlier, he uses to help troubled kids through a government program.

He has great ammenities available with plenty to look at whilst you sit and enjoy some refreshments.

And then of course there are the cars. Roy still drives some of them, he loves it!
Attachment 10503

Tidy HQ Panno

Attachment 10504

Still drives his XUI

Attachment 10505

Another XUI that was a speedway car, guess they were just cars back then

Attachment 10506
Attachment 10507
Attachment 10508
Attachment 10509

Attachment 10511

Cover your eyes , Brock Tickford

Attachment 10512

Grab a bucket, a Brock Samara lol

Attachment 10513

Attachment 10514

Never been unregistered

I will post some more pics.

For those interested in visiting I have attached the details below.

It’s a great day trip or club cruise and Roy is a car nut and helps keep these cars where they can be seen and also assist with helping young people which are both great causes.

Attachment 10517