Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RTS on HZ

Thats what i was trying to find out craig about what year did the torana get RTS as i have a mate with an 76 lx ss and it hasnt got RTS
    Byron might be able shed some light on this

ive got an HZ 6cyl ute with quality stock tyres and clapped out upper control arm bushes and it handles great. then again, i had an HJ ute with 350 and LOTS of money spent on suspension and that thing was like a race car. It handled better than a lot of late model commodores ive had!
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    Thats what i was trying to find out craig about what year did the torana get RTS as i have a mate with an 76 lx ss and it hasnt got RTS
    Byron might be able shed some light on this
    I think the Sunbird was the first LX to get RTS, but it was not as good as the UC RTS. I think the first Torana to get RTS was early in 1977.

HZ had it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick61 View Post
    Both cars wandered on the highway like a granny with dementia.
    Classic!

Cruiser
    I had a '76 Torana SL 4.2 that didn't have RTS and it behaved like a loaded wheel barow with a flat tyre. Back when they were new they kept falling onto their roof. (my mate tipped his over at 20k's trying to negotiate a grader furrow) I thought Holden put RTS on the Toranas mid model to keep them on their feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    ive got an HZ 6cyl ute with quality stock tyres and clapped out upper control arm bushes and it handles great. then again, i had an HJ ute with 350 and LOTS of money spent on suspension and that thing was like a race car. It handled better than a lot of late model commodores ive had!
    I'll bet I have a pretty good idea what was done to it. Look closely at your upper arms, not the mounts, just the arms themselves. Something "inadvertantly" was done to my HJ and now it is like it is on rails. Did it have power steering and scrub/drag the fronts like nobody's business in carparks etc?
    Nunc est bibendum...

Would the earlier models like HQ have had an option for a rear sway bar?

Banned
    Not an option but you could buy aftermarket ones. For commercials that is.
    Only HZ had them. They were deleted on WB. Purely a HZ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    I'll bet I have a pretty good idea what was done to it. Look closely at your upper arms, not the mounts, just the arms themselves. Something "inadvertantly" was done to my HJ and now it is like it is on rails. Did it have power steering and scrub/drag the fronts like nobody's business in carparks etc?
    You have me very interested in that Taily. What do you think was done? Reason I ask is I fitted full reco HJ top and bottom control arms to my HZ. It steers like an absolute pig. Way two much camber!! The wheel align shop said it can't get it out and I have to machine meat off the top arm that usually has all the shims behind it. But I've never had to do any thing like that before and can't help but think it's because of the HJ arms. Cheers.

Banned
    You can't use HJ on HZ. They have the shock mounted in the wrong place.

Thread Information