Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTS on HZ

Yeah that was my original thoughts, had a look at them tho. Sat the arms side by side, measured, checked every thing I could see and they looked they same. The only thing I can see in the difference with shock tower is the HJ are set back more then the ZD's but the bolts are in the same place. If you see people on EBAY selling them they are advertised as HQ to WB. It appears that the difference is with the shock position only, not the arms.

Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    You have me very interested in that Taily. What do you think was done? Reason I ask is I fitted full reco HJ top and bottom control arms to my HZ. It steers like an absolute pig. Way two much camber!! The wheel align shop said it can't get it out and I have to machine meat off the top arm that usually has all the shims behind it. But I've never had to do any thing like that before and can't help but think it's because of the HJ arms. Cheers.
    I've seen HJ upper arms swapped from left to right sides (got me knackered how - they have LH and RH stamped on them) and the old school bloke who did the alignment showed me the figures afterwards. Nice neutral steering and hasn't scrubbed a tyre out like it used to. My guess it was more to do with gaining caster.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Yeah that was my original thoughts, had a look at them tho. Sat the arms side by side, measured, checked every thing I could see and they looked they same. The only thing I can see in the difference with shock tower is the HJ are set back more then the ZD's but the bolts are in the same place. If you see people on EBAY selling them they are advertised as HQ to WB. It appears that the difference is with the shock position only, not the arms.
    Yeah the shock is mounted behind the center on pre-RTS. The lower control arms also have a smaller hole that you have to grind out to fit the larger RTS shocks.
    The actual mounting position is different on the chassis which is the major difference. But having the shock mounted in the wrong spot will obviously bugger up your suspension.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe your chassis is twisted inwards?

Thread Information