Thread: Factory sunroof on sandmans??

Learner Driver

Factory sunroof on sandmans??

Hey there peoples...

There was a HX mint julip sandman ute for sale in QLD in this months Unique Cars for $25K. Ive had a quick look through some of the threads on here but I cant find anyone having talked about it. Anyways I called him up today and he said he sold in the 1st couple of days of having it advertised. Had a full nut and bolt resto about 5 years ago and had matching numbers including motor. He also said it had factory aircon, power steering and sunroof.....

Was a sunroof a factory option from holden back in the day or would it have been an aftermarket number???

Sunroofs were not done at the factory, however they could be ordered from the dealer who would have had them done by a 3rd party prior to delivery to the owner.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Hey there peoples...

There was a HX mint julip sandman ute for sale in QLD in this months Unique Cars for $25K. Ive had a quick look through some of the threads on here but I cant find anyone having talked about it. Anyways I called him up today and he said he sold in the 1st couple of days of having it advertised. Had a full nut and bolt resto about 5 years ago and had matching numbers including motor. He also said it had factory aircon, power steering and sunroof.....

Was a sunroof a factory option from holden back in the day or would it have been an aftermarket number???
    Yes you could get a factory sunroof on HJ, but not on commercials. It was option C03 but only on sedans and coupes from memory. I'm pretty sure it was canned by HX too.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Yes you could get a factory sunroof on HJ, but not on commercials. It was option C03 but only on sedans and coupes from memory. I'm pretty sure it was canned by HX too.
    To clarify. HQ and HJ Kingswood could have factory sunroofs, but commercial vans and utes could not?

If the HJ sandman van was a de-rated commercial vehicle was it able to get a factory fitted sunroof?

...when you think you get the handle on things, hk1837 comes along and throws a spanner in it :knockout:

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    To clarify. HQ and HJ Kingswood could have factory sunroofs, but commercial vans and utes could not?

If the HJ sandman van was a de-rated commercial vehicle was it able to get a factory fitted sunroof?

...when you think you get the handle on things, hk1837 comes along and throws a spanner in it :knockout:
    No. Only Sedan and coupe, and only HJ. So this means:

Belmont sedan
    Kingswood sedan
    Premier sedan
    LS coupe
    GTS coupe
    Possibly Deville and Caprice

I have seen some HQ's with factory sunroof but these were trial or prototype fitments.

I suppose someone within GMH may have tried a factory sunroof on a van, but it wouldn't have fitted on a ute. It'd have to have been rearwards of the cabin on the van though.

Thread Information