Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: vintage air below Stato dash

Cruiser
    I have just been given an a/c unit that must have been an aftermarket set up from yesteryear that picks it's air from plenum and the factory fan blows through it looks tight behind glovebox so not sure if it has to be cut to fit it as there is no glovebox in the wreck will try and get photos or someone here may have one . Have to pull it out its only the unit itself so not sure about controls but the hoses go thru firewall under the heater and it must hook up to vent as per normal.

From memory the Kit is $300. The idea is to use the bracket that is currently running the mid mount passenger side alternator (normal HQ style).
    Pat said it just requires a bit of shimming with some washers. Can't vouch for the quality, I haven't physically seen the bracket yet. I guess if I go that way I can let you know....

- - - Updated - - -

That is use the old alternator bracket to run the compressor

Will the WB drier be ok to use? How do I check the a/c core? I gave it the visual & blocked the outlet & pressurised it with some compressed air - no big or obvious holes...

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    Will the WB drier be ok to use? How do I check the a/c core? I gave it the visual & blocked the outlet & pressurised it with some compressed air - no big or obvious holes...
    You should replace any old drier it will have some moisture in it , that's its job a new one should be vacuum sealed with caps remove them when you are ready to fit and gas it ,use old one to dummy it up.

Dug out the ols WB evaporator & fan assembly & painted it up. Heres a few pics with it dummy assembled.

evap.jpg

evap1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Dug out the ols WB evaporator & fan assembly & painted it up. Heres a few pics with it dummy assembled.

evap.jpg

evap1.jpg

Thread Information