Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mandarin Red HX Van

Sandman Driver
    Great looking van! Nice work! I'm wondering if those photos were taken with digital camera, or is it film? The exposure and focus is superb even in the background, truly an excellent shot.

Love the tyre tracks just showing off from the rear wheels too, - I agree it could easily be a Holden advertisement, very nice to the eye.
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 23-05-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    I'm wondering if those photos were taken with digital camera, or is it film? The exposure and focus is superb even in the background, truly an excellent shot.
    It was shot with a PENTAX Optio S10 which is a an Ultracompact 10 megapixel Digital camera released in 2007.

Sandman Driver
    Cool!! I'm gonna look that up now, (not that I could afford one atm), thanks for the information Innuendo. I imagine the camera operator had to have just a bit of skill as well (what a shot).

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    Cool!! I'm gonna look that up now, (not that I could afford one atm), thanks for the information Innuendo. I imagine the camera operator had to have just a bit of skill as well (what a shot).
    It is a great shot
    Looking at the data it appears to be framed by the shooter but the camera did the rest of the work.

Great shot, can even see a fish in the creek.

Yeh just the wifes camera but a magic shot. I like creek crossing pics so sometimes send the wife out to grab a pic, this is one taken last weekend ...

This is the view I get ... this was another of our creek crossings last weekend. The good thing about old steel cars is you can take them anywhere and bring them back in one piece. Built for Aussie conditions!

my bro used his HZ kinga 253 as a 4WD. it got down some tracks in search of waves that mild 4WDs had trouble with. Must be something about weight distribution as he never had trouble keeping the power down with minimal wheel spin
    BQZ

Here's an idea....

A thread with action shots of your van being used! Taken from inside, outside, whatever.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Here's an idea....

A thread with action shots of your van being used! Taken from inside, outside, whatever.
    That's got potential. I don't have one on the road but you drive yours, Rob, go start a thread lol

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    It is a great shot
    Looking at the data it appears to be framed by the shooter but the camera did the rest of the work.
    I had a look at the Pentax, pretty much full auto (but some adjustment available) it's quite incredible from what is basically a modern 'instamatic' (not to take away from HX8 as the driver/owner of such a tidy vehicle, or the scene set up and the camera person of course)... but wow, that's a saleable pic.

I'm wondering how it would blow up, like on one of those big canvasses you can transfer digital art onto in officeworks. Certainly be a statement piece in a lounge room!!

But, how can you see the 'data' Innuendo? I don't know how to see that when I look at an image on the net.

Anyways, looking also at top image in post #26, same focus on the background even the leaves are in clear focus - automatic Fstops!! Gotta love that!

No wonder professional photo journos are a bit worried about being replaced by the general public. But those, I think, are special pics. Love it.
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 24-05-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Thread Information