Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 40th Birthday for my HQ sandman

Banned
    The parts price and repair price do not equal the sale price. Otherwise every car would be worth the rebuild price. They are not. It's purely demand driven. That doesn't mean that they are value for money though. Sandmans have jumped from $30000 restored on this site to supposedly $70000 in about three years. The input cost to repair has not changed by 50%!
    There are lots of things to identify a Sandman.... Sometimes. None of them are a model code. Stickers were only optional on HZ.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    You Only Live Once
    AFATMASP.
    A fool and their money are soon parted.
    Last edited by wbute; 23-08-2015 at 01:20 PM.

P Plater
    The wealthy fools you speak of are enthusiasts also, they possibly just don't have time or the skills required to do the job. If they want a HQ sandman this one is ready to go. Or they can wait for a few years for a restoration project to come on the market, spend four years restoring, and (boom) their dream is complete in 7 years. That's if you can find a HQ in 3 years, and your the lucky one to get it between 5,000 10,000 dollar asking prices.

I'll see where the wind takes me.

Banned
    No where. I was more thinking about the YOLO thing than saying anyone was a fool. However I stand by the fact that Sandman is overpriced for what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Not any particular sandman or anyone but in general they are overpriced.

The way i look at it i will do my restoration for my passion not the monetary value
    if its worth something in the end even better but im not going to lose sleep over it
    ive waited 20 years to start mine and if all the planets aline start will be 2016
    oh i dont play golf either

Banned
    Lucky if I get to mine in 20 years. Should be nice and difficult by then to get bits.

P Plater
    I look back now and don't know how I found the time. I could only get in the shed every second weekend due to Kids, Golf, ( I do play golf) Auskick footy, and many other commitments. I'm lucky, I have the skills to do a lot of the work. All that work was done for me, not the market, as it should be. There is a Phrase that helps keep me busy, not sure who said it initially. ( He who plans for nothing, gets what he plans for. )
    So I would say set some goals, an go for it.

Good luck with your projects.

Banned
    Yep I work full time mining and run our farm as well. Three boys as well. Dirt bikes and Utes are all a long way off.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    A Sandman is the most over inflated car for price in Australia. There is no doubt. They are not rare or comparable to a HQ Monaro which hangs on to earlier Monaro glory.
    A Sandman was just a sticker kit without even a unique model code. They are only making the over inflated prices because they are perceived as rare. They are not.
    Must admit, i totally disagree with you there mate. Remember the days of XY GTHOs hitting a million dollars??? THAT was over inflated. Sure they had race pedigree...but the Sandmans are so recognisable, they become a cultural icon...even to this day

Bang for buck, Sandmans are holding up well against the like of Monaros,Falcons and Chargers......and theyre pretty much cooler than most cars on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Must admit, i totally disagree with you there mate. Remember the days of XY GTHOs hitting a million dollars??? THAT was over inflated. Sure they had race pedigree...but the Sandmans are so recognisable, they become a cultural icon...even to this day

Bang for buck, Sandmans are holding up well against the like of Monaros,Falcons and Chargers......and theyre pretty much cooler than most cars on the road
    Sheesh i
    Cool as Ice i

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    HK has mentioned in the past that the sandman equivalent these days is a thunder ute. not much chop

That Sandman equivalent these days is a Sandman. BION. ECBATT.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Thread Information