Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Too Much?

As someone who has had bullbar's on HX-WB utes (and loved them) I can honestly say I've never seen one that looks good (to me) on a commodore ute. Its the combination of the front nose/ wrap around bars that don;t work for me.

If he/she lives in the country, the real country, then good luck to them.
    But I would like to know what thier insurance company thinks?
    The fact the car no longer complies with Australian Design Rules might be an issue.
    As for crumple zones, airbag deployment, vision etc I'm not so sure.

Really guys??? Looks photoshopped to me! There is no way you could mount that ridiculous bulbar to a VE Commodore let alone expect the front end to take the weight of it....
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    You can pick these bars up with one hand. They're designed and built by an engineer, light weight and very sturdy. I've hit plenty of roos with mine, bit of bent mesh saved my front end several times.

But, haters are going to hate, as they say. It just reminds me of the keyboard warriors who have a crack at the whole country ute scene on Facebook. I don't like jap cars with body kits, but I'm not posting pictures of them to insult their owners.
    Opinions are fantastic, but not when they're directed at someone's pride and joy. I see it here often.
    You'd expect to get onto a site about Sandman's and read about Sandman's.

Sorry if this offends anyone out there, but No ONE has the right to belittle anyone's choice of vehicle, or their choice of bull bar (in this case).
    I've taken this whole thread personally, as most of my mates drive a vehicle very similar to this. You might think my mates are all stupid, but they, and I, don't need your opinions. Your opinions should be reserved for Sandman's. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that you're all better people because you can bag out a group of people who do something they love, that you don't personally like.

Heroes.

Perhaps the Administrators need to review what's being posted, and the comments listed? This, in it's own form, is anonymous Cyber Bullying. Take a quick look at yourselves and let me know you're a better person than me. Hypocrites and haters on this site ruin my day. And before you tell me not to get online, remember I have the same right as you to be here, my interests are similar, but not necessarily the same.
    Does anybody need negativity pushed on them for not being your clone?

Rant over. Currently.

A few years ago when I was a full time welder I loved those kinds of bars, not for my ute but for the money I made by building them for the B+S boys, there is a big following for that kind of thing round my area and like Dago said it's a choice and for them a way of life,same as rice burners and religion it's not for all.. but the word would be very boring if we all agreed on every thing. Having said that I also hope that Dago and those with a soft spot for these bars don't get 'too' wound up on this thread coz not every one was bagging it and some are just having a laugh. good on ya for sticking up for your self tho 'you have balls for putting it out there'. my 2cents.

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    You can pick these bars up with one hand. They're designed and built by an engineer, light weight and very sturdy. I've hit plenty of roos with mine, bit of bent mesh saved my front end several times.

But, haters are going to hate, as they say. It just reminds me of the keyboard warriors who have a crack at the whole country ute scene on Facebook. I don't like jap cars with body kits, but I'm not posting pictures of them to insult their owners.
    Opinions are fantastic, but not when they're directed at someone's pride and joy. I see it here often.

Sorry if this offends anyone out there, but No ONE has the right to belittle anyone's choice of vehicle, or their choice of bull bar (in this case).
    I've taken this whole thread personally, as most of my mates drive a vehicle very similar to this. You might think my mates are all stupid, but they, and I, don't need your opinions. Your opinions should be reserved for Sandman's. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that you're all better people because you can bag out a group of people who do something they love, that you don't personally like.

Heroes.

Perhaps the Administrators need to review what's being posted, and the comments listed? This, in it's own form, is anonymous Cyber Bullying. Take a quick look at yourselves and let me know you're a better person than me. Hypocrites and haters on this site ruin my day. And before you tell me not to get online, remember I have the same right as you to be here, my interests are similar, but not necessarily the same.

Rant over. Currently.
    Well said,we certainly have our fair share of hypocrites on this site,if it was a Sandman only site it would be boring that's why we have the lounge,your other ride etc, If there is something you don't like just shake your head and move on to the next thread

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post

Heroes.

Rant over. Currently.
    It's a fact of life, not everyone has the same taste. I don't expect people to like what I like and I am big enough to cope with that as long as it doesn't turn into a personal attack, happy days!

We have all expressed opinions on non Sandman threads, I mean, good god, some even went as far as talking politics on here eg, the "Keep Holden" thread, which turned into a dissertation about agricultural subsidies!

Not my cup of tea but I feel people have the choice to talk about ag subsidies on a keep holden thread if they wish.

Don't take it too hard mate, I don't think it's personal.
    Last edited by Flamenco_not_Flamingo; 15-06-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Hey Dago, don't take things TOO seriously. Just take a look at Flamingo, "dissertation about agricultural subsidies " now that was funny. ( I think)
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I don't think that's been photo shopped. It looks like a SW Platt bar made in Orange I think. I have seen plenty of utes in my home town with bars that big on them. They don't usually last real long Highway grab them and defect real quick. The local Highway sgt actually did an interview with the local paper stating he was making it his personal mission to defect bullbars. I had a bar on my VS ute for years and years, not as big as that but still a nice size 5 poster and the amount of damage it saved the front of my ute was amazing. I love bullbars and had a 5 poster on my last van. They have their place, not in the dead centre of Sydney but Defently in the country. I think the world would be a real boring place if we all drove the same mundane vehicles

look closer..... Blurry bits... It's photoshopped.

Dago, put a spoon full of cement in your next cup of coffee and harden up mate. I'm sick to death of wusses being offended by people for disliking something they happen to like...... Try these famous words ... "Tough titties".

As for defending these ridiculously large bull bars with the excuse of protecting your car from roos..... What a crock of shit. Saying they are light and can be picked up easily in one hand is another crock of shit unless they are just there for pose value.

for a start, five post bull bars are illegal... Secondly a bar that sits up that high above the bonnet besides being illegal is downright dangerous as it impedes your view of the road ahead. Personally I hope every car with one of these contraptions fitted gets defected and put off the road.
    Anyone who is seriously using a bulbar as protection against hitting roos would use a steel bar which is much stronger than aluminium, light weight alloy bars are useless as protection.

The pedestrian council has been lobbying for years to get bull bars banned and idiots with oversized illegal five post bars are just giving them more ammunition.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Thread Information