Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Its finally in etch prime! Woohoo

Ok, the panel shop are on the move again. The tail gates have been installed and aligned but the beater nearly quit over the top tailgate as its turned into a real bitch. They finally got it aligned but its got so many welded patches on it they reckon it will need a fairly heavy bog coat to properly smooth it up. You can see the many torch marks where they have worked the skin to straighten it the best they can. Good news is that its all metal.

20140626_164011.jpg

20140626_164113.jpg

20140626_164136.jpg

That's a new bottom tailgate I presume?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Yep sure is. It was included with the van when i bought it. The box indicated it was made in Korea. Are they any good?

new ones thru rare spares are better and thicker steel got one recentley $230 fits well and fits well much better than $100 rubbish

What was the freight on the Rare Spares one? I've been considering one for a while now and really should pull the trigger.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

The shop has started shrinking and filling the side quarters and my drop in spare wheel boot is starting to take shape. Getting excited and scared at the same time, as it will be ready for paint soon but will also be time to pay up.

20140703_174508.jpg

20140703_174638.jpg

20140703_174748.jpg

20140703_093428.jpg

20140703_093453.jpg

Talk me about the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Talk me about the boot?
    No probs. Its intended to drop into the rear cargo floor where the original spare wheel went. The pics don't show the full design and i am recycling the floor from a HQ ute to get the lower floor finished. I will be cutting the existing van floor out behind the diff and then reinstalling it on top of the boot so its a hinged and gas strutted boot lid. I don't envisage any access issues as the van is intended to be non cargo carrying. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    No probs. Its intended to drop into the rear cargo floor where the original spare wheel went. The pics don't show the full design and i am recycling the floor from a HQ ute to get the lower floor finished. I will be cutting the existing van floor out behind the diff and then reinstalling it on top of the boot so its a hinged and gas strutted boot lid. I don't envisage any access issues as the van is intended to be non cargo carrying. Thoughts?

yes. my thoughts are that i reckon we should ask everyone here to chip in so we can pay you NOT to do it. To me it seems like a lot of work for something that is not really a problem to being with. IMO

Did you have windows in the side at some point?
    BQZ

image.jpgI have had a boot in my van for 28 yrs , it's the best .
    Originally I had nowhere to put crap like jumper leads, radiator hoses tools etc, Then one day after doing some work on my audio system I had the fire extininguisher rolling around the back .Go flying into a corner and the next thing I ve got a
    white windscreen from the extinguisher
    So during one of my many revamps the boot went in the floor,the battery got moved to the rear and still have room for a spare and tool box.
    Check out the van "Chairman of the board" in cv&t it has a boot fitted as well
    Last edited by panoz78; 04-07-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

Thread Information