Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HJ XX7 Van

good call mate. they don't come up like that very often
    BQZ

Its a nice looking original van by the looks of it. Obviously a fair bit of tidying up to do. Is the paint too far gone?

Glad you decided to keep it, otherwise you'd be back to your namesake!

The paint is a little far gone. The plan (for today) is to remove the body from the chassis. Restore the chassis and drive line components, refit the body and register it.
    Gaz

A few more pic's............
    HJ Int.jpg HJ dash.jpg HJ floor.jpg
    HJ door.jpg GTS dash.jpg HJ seat.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the donor car, if needed.
    HZ 350, T400, 9", A/C, P/S, P/W, etc.
    HZ ext.jpg HZ eng.jpg
    HZ int.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The reason for the 3spd column shift is a few years back the bearings in the column failed and instead of replacing them they replaced the column.
    The later model combination switch is only for the indicators, the wipers are still on the dash.
    Gaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    5/75... Month after mine so should have silver dash fascia. Yes I am still restoring fascias.

Only GTS Monaro and GTS had the stripe down the middle of the seat, Sandman got plain seats.
    Hi Absinth, yes mate it's 5/75 and as you've pointed out there are no armrests and the fascia is black. Is this definitely incorrect?
    If I'm going to tidy it up I may as well do it right, is there anything else that is obviously wrong??
    Gaz.

Sandman Guru
    I'd be interested in the radiator out of the ute if you do wreck it out, if it still has its HQ 5 row core.

Here you go Byron, the little one is pretty much illegible, i'll grab another when it stops raining.

HZ comp1.jpg HZ comp2.jpg

Attachment 12247

I still have to get you the ones from the Brougham.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I'd be interested in the radiator out of the ute if you do wreck it out, if it still has its HQ 5 row core.
    No worries, I've still got another ute to do, a HX. I'll let you know when I decide which way I'm going.

Gaz.

Quote Originally Posted by No van man View Post
    Hi Absinth, yes mate it's 5/75 and as you've pointed out there are no armrests and the fascia is black. Is this definitely incorrect?
    If I'm going to tidy it up I may as well do it right, is there anything else that is obviously wrong??
    Gaz.
    I've seen a lot of early HJ Pre 10/75) that missed out on armrests and black fascia I've also seen in hj both early and late, so I wouldn't be stressing if I were you that they are wrong. your car generally looks like it hasn't been stuffed with much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    I've seen a lot of early HJ Pre 10/75) that missed out on armrests and black fascia I've also seen in hj both early and late, so I wouldn't be stressing if I were you that they are wrong. your car generally looks like it hasn't been stuffed with much.
    Thanks Sandaro,
    The car is fairly untouched, even though the column has been replaced the sellers explanation made sense. However after saying that, the Vehicle Production Report from Ben Stewart showed that the van was also ordered with power steer, which is no longer fitted.
    Who knows why these things happen, but pwr steer is an odd thing to remove.
    Gaz.

Banned
    Back in the day it was expensive to rebuild power steering pumps and box's. People just did what was cheap to keep a $1500 car going.

Thread Information