Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SANDMAN spare wheel winch

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    ok,first off i must apoligise to jennie because i took a boy look and not a girl look and she is right..:eek:.i now have nfi what the round one is off as i went looking and found the correct one here,same as what jennie has pictured...my wife reckons i have taken up drugs again...:confused:
    now wtf is that round bastard off???
    No need to apologise Oz, it is Rodney who really backed me up, I just remembered the winch, when doing the underneath painting....hense posted the pic. Right from the beginning Rodney couldn't understand how the round thing could be taken out of the rim....although from this we have learnt that a genuine sandman winch to carry the GTS rim, is a rounder shape..and could help with identifying sandman, which somebody mentioned above....anyway we all learn something new everyday, and it will be interesting to see what the third part number from the holden book refers to...thought I would add some smilies for you

....:Hair::confused:
    Last edited by jennie285; 23-07-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Smilies covered up blurb

ok..heres my thinking..the round one is off nothing and is a ring in that has appeared.... in a grey moment i have confused it with the other correct one i have here......
    the centre of a wheel is round so for something round to go thru a round hole it must be smaller than the round hole therefore it cant hold up a wheel with a round hole because its round.it will fall thru..makes sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    (Rodney Says)These two pics are close up pics of our HZ red van which we posted pics of last night, and went back to the panel beaters and checked further we consider this to be original although the cone bit appears to be put on upside down...we will be happy to hear feedback
    Hmmm, Ozbox you are not the only one geting confused on this one... I remember that the wheel winch plate off my ute was different to the standard plate and from the initial pic's assumed it was the round one, but seeing your new photo's Jennie I got that wrong:confused: - as the photo's show...

So can a Sandman one be created by cutting down a standard plate (hence no need to remake one) or are there other differences?

ok...so i found the right one and then dug up a standard one and removed both from the winch cables..the larger one is for standard wheels...the smaller one is for the rally 2s and IS the one off the hj xx7 sandman ute..[verified by the person who removed it and put it away..hence i couldnt find it]..
    there is enough difference to say that you cant chop one down from the standard one and it would be correct...

and here is a pic of the n67 winch plate...

Last edited by Alien DNA; 01-06-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Told ya the round one was for N67...

Actually I was thinking about that all day at work, I knew the plate was round but couldn't figure out how you got a round plate through a round hole and then have it hold the wheel up..... seeing your pic bought the memories flooding back....... of course.... it is slotted so it can be unclipped and clipped back on... Duh

At least we (well Greg anyway) got it sorted in the end...

there is enough difference to say that you cant chop one down from the standard one and it would be correct...
    Hmm, we'll see about that..... I'll have a play tomorrow and let you know..:shifty:
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post

Hmm, we'll see about that..... I'll have a play tomorrow and let you know..:shifty:
    good luck with it...twas the first thing i looked at...look really close at the pics sean and see where the curved bit is that is where the cutting down process would run into a problem..;)

good luck with it...twas the first thing i looked at...look really close at the pics sean and see where the curved bit is that is where the cutting down process would run into a problem..;)
    Yes I have looked at that..... it is amazing what you can achieve with a FBH..

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Yes I have looked at that..... it is amazing what you can achieve with a FBH..
    make sure you use that FBH in conjunction with a blue tipped axe...

make sure you use that FBH in conjunction with a blue tipped axe...
    Yep... will have one close by.... Might fail miserably but I am a firm believer in there being no such word as "Can't"....:errf:

Ah har! Its comming back to me now! Thats the ****** that was on my HZ Sandman Ute. I never thought it had the alloys from factory. I wonder where I put that plate! I bet I threw it out!

Greg that explains like when I spoke to you today it was missing on my Z ute. But the nut etc was still there. Its because I slid the plate off and put it ummmmm somewhere.........
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Thread Information