Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60V Trim

60V Trim

Hi All,

Can someone point me in the right direction on interior colours please. I have a trim Code of 2214-60V in a HJ and believe this to be Beige? Now if thats correct why is it so hard to find Beige interior so I can get this back to original as the entire interior was changed at some stage to blue. Second question, is the entire interior 60V including roof lining,dash or will there be other colours involved and how can I find out what it should be even down to carpet colour? Probably to most you will know what colours go with what but I have no Idea. Thanks for any help in advance!

i thought 60V was chamois. probs has some covert on the dash or glovebox or something. VERY hard colour to find secondhand. repro stuff tends to be black or brown
    BQZ

You can get chamios repo stuff

Sandman Guru
    It is beige, in HJ the base model Sandman got the same trim as the base car. It should be called beige/covert.

It will be really hard to find beige vinyl, and most stuff around is chamois. When you see them side by side they are very different, but from a distance look the same.

A lot of the body plant fitted stuff (hard trim) will be the same especially the covert stuff like dashpad, column etc, but the soft vinyl stuff like seats is where they differ.

Here is a photo of my 60V HJ Prem, will give you an idea of what is "white" and what is covert

Prem upload2.jpg

Here is a HZ trim sample scan of original base vs Kingswood up trims so you can see the 60V difference, although it doesn't come up too well electronically. In the flesh the difference does stand out a lot more, probably best described as the difference between solid white paint and metallic white like Kluger or Lexus or Toyota86 have:

HZ trims001.jpg

Covert carpet is almost impossible to get. Sean (Absinth) sent me a carpet spray can in covert a few years ago but I haven't tried it yet, not sure how close to the original it is. Brad Hanrahan (you'll find him on gmh-torana.com.au as hanra) was researching what was the closest for his 2214-60V LH XU2 Torana so he may have a good handle on it.
    Last edited by HK1837; 23-07-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: More info added

OK thanks for the reply its really helpfull . So it will be virtually impossible to to get it back to 60V trim. Now I can see why so many people go for a black trim. Given its a black van do you think I should just change and go for chamois trim so its semi close or go black inside and out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Chamios would look really good with black if anything way better than beige imo

Sandman Guru
    Just get it done in chamois vinyl, it is hard to pick unless side by side with original beige trim. I think I have the paint formulae for the covert painted plastic so you just have to paint the glovebox, column bits and other covert plastic bits. The paint on the console is the same for chamois or beige. Getting the right carpet for the floor will be your biggest challenge.

What you might be able to do is make it chamois/black as per 1976 HJ with 60A trim. Basically the same for the white bits as 60V but black instead of covert. Would look awesome on a black car. Here is a HX in 60A, HJ 60A looks the same except for the bits that make a HX differ from a HJ.

http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jone...ront1.jpg.html

Thanks HK1837, the white and black looks great and would look great with the white stripes on black van! Thanks for the taking the time to put pics up,it makes it so much easier to get an idea on what you are talking about for a novice like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Just get it done in chamois vinyl, it is hard to pick unless side by side with original beige trim. I think I have the paint formulae for the covert painted plastic so you just have to paint the glovebox, column bits and other covert plastic bits. The paint on the console is the same for chamois or beige. Getting the right carpet for the floor will be your biggest challenge.

What you might be able to do is make it chamois/black as per 1976 HJ with 60A trim. Basically the same for the white bits as 60V but black instead of covert. Would look awesome on a black car. Here is a HX in 60A, HJ 60A looks the same except for the bits that make a HX differ from a HJ.

http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jone...ront1.jpg.html

hey byron was HX available in the same combo but buckskin instead of chamois ? and would it be black hood lining and black a-pillar windscreen molds?
    Last edited by Vombil; 23-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    HX had 60A, same as HJ. That photo on Leroy's site is a HX. There is no Buckskin in HX, I have seen a 19W which is noted as beige but it is not very common at all and is bench seat only on cab-chassis (very odd trim code this one as without seeing the documentation i'd have said 19W is bench seat black).

60A headlining is chamois. Winscreen sides should be black I think but I have seen chamois there too.

Thread Information