Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you pay for fuel in your first car

What did you pay for fuel in your first car

Just for some fun and history. I remember paying 15 cents a litre for LPG in 1990 Can't remember petrol in 1986.

Funny you should bring this up i used to fill my 308 powered torana it was 21 cents a litre go to the beach for a quick thrash a few km away from home by the time i got back it would be nearly empty
    i drove that torana like i stole it though

- - - Updated - - -

This was in 1981

75c.... total rip off. I remember barely being able to afford to visit my GF in my HZ 253 Panno. She only lived 15-20 mins away!!! Such a guzzler
    BQZ

I got my license in 1977 and I'm pretty sure the price of super at my local service station was 19.9 cents per litre.

I remember my mate and I used to put 2 or 3 dollars in the tank and drive all around Sydney all night in either his HR sedan or my HR wagon (depending on who hadn't lost their license for speeding). I was still at school and the thought of having to waste a whole dollar on petrol in my mates car was tough.

I think a can of Coke was about 20c, a cheeseburger at McDonalds was 25c (a Big Mac was out of my price range at 40c) and my 1st set of mag wheels (used of course) cost me $20.00 from a school mate. My Dad was outraged that I'd been ripped off at that price!

Times have changed a bit......
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I think I was paying about 60c a ltr in Mount Isa for my first car in 1986. Lived in Brisbane in 1987 and was paying just over 50c, apart from a good old price war where it got down to about 38c for a few weeks.

I remember being shocked paying $1.12 for diesel in Boulia in 2002. More than a dollar, highway robbery, even out there..!
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

Sandman Guru
    I had a HQ Statesman Deville as my first drive car in 1985. I do remember putting $2.00 worth of fuel in it, from memory about 40-45c per litre.

Got my licence 1983 and first car was a fully worked LC Torana Coupe used to fly, can remember fuel being 42cents a litre and like Byron can remember putting $2 in at times, I can also remember about 12 years ago when I owned a RB Gemini putting $15 in and it would last me a week running to work etc how times are different now, owning three cars that all I ever seem to do is put fuel in one or the other

16 cents litre of LPG in my straight gas wb van.... Those were the days

16 cents litre of LPG in my straight gas wb van. .. Back in 1991.... Those were the days

When I started driving fuel was measured in gallon's, however when it became metric the price became 15c per litre. By then I had my second car, which I should have kept.

Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Thread Information