Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG $$$ for a Replica!!

Genuine or replica it cost dam fist full of $$$ to do restoration and very easy to blow the bugget you set lve almost finished my van and sure hurts the pocket for the ones that say you would pay the price and never done a restoration you have you idear sometimes it better to buy already done these prices are going to go even higher as time goes buy lm glad l bought my van before the prices were on the rise

Very nice van, and people pay what they feel it is worth. No price is set in stone, I hope the owner achieve's the price they are after. The van certainly look's the part.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Cruiser
    I hope they get there money. I think that they already spent it to get this far.

I agree totally that the money is there in this vehicle if you went to do the same build yourself. I have my HZ Sandman totally stripped at the moment and am undertaking the build myself to original and fully understand the costs involved to get a car to this standard. It is a credit to the owners. I just question if you are going to spend the big $$$ why not build it to original specs, i.e. the correct guards, console, seats, grille and the like. I suppose that is one of the benefits of building a replica as it allows you to add the touches to the car as per your personal preference. Don't get me wrong I would like to have this van parked in my driveway that is for sure and it is good to see another Van on the road. I hope he does get the money for it that he is asking and surely it would make the genuine Sandman a very desirable vehicle.
    HZ Persian Sand Mk2 Sandman (under full restoration)
    HX Chamois Monaro GTS

Sandman Guru
    I hope so too, it only needs one buyer, and it is a nice van. But being realistic I doubt they'll achieve it. It is called overcapitailsation in the property market. Spent too much on the wrong house. Which only becomes a problem when you go to sell it!

Owner's build what they want to build, and that is the beauty of building your own. You spend whatever the cost to achieve your goal, and as with this excellent example you could only be proud of your effort's. The result is there for all to see, and admire. I would certainly be interested in this one, if I was in the market for a vehicle. Obviously with the price it would be negotiable, you can alway's bargain down but never up. Would love to look it over.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Owner's build what they want to build, and that is the beauty of building your own. You spend whatever the cost to achieve your goal, and as with this excellent example you could only be proud of your effort's. The result is there for all to see, and admire. I would certainly be interested in this one, if I was in the market for a vehicle. Obviously with the price it would be negotiable, you can alway's bargain down but never up. Would love to look it over.

don't know about that Robbo. I went to look at a WB the other day and the wanker owner fired up a dutch auction. pit me against another bloke even though I got there first and offered the full amount. the seller told me to go home and he would call me later once the other guy had been. Phone rings and he wants 20% more than the listed price because 'the other bloke' offered more too. not a pretty ending
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    don't know about that Robbo. I went to look at a WB the other day and the wanker owner fired up a dutch auction. pit me against another bloke even though I got there first and offered the full amount. the seller told me to go home and he would call me later once the other guy had been. Phone rings and he wants 20% more than the listed price because 'the other bloke' offered more too. not a pretty ending
    Im sure you told him politely to have a nice day Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    Yeah, hope you gave him what for. Sounds awfully like a real estate salesman.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Banned
    Have prices actually risen for Sandmans? They were pulling $40000 for a good one when this site started.
    If anything the price for a genuine one in need of restoration has dropped. Everyone was paying 10 to 15k for any old rust bucket. I see that HX Sandman ute that was factory L31 sold for a bit less than $4500. Need full resto.
    Maybe if they had put easy proof of Sandman ID on all Sandmans (like XX7) they would command more money. Replicas like this just keep the market at replica price in my opinion.

Thread Information