Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peakhill NSW car grave yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamenco_not_Flamingo View Post
    Ok, I may have mixed some business with pleasure and say, well, I may have purchased a couple of cars,

Your sister is enjoying herself anyway Mick,lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you?
    Probably another bogan just like us Flammers. LOL
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Sandman Driver
    [QUOTE=Flamenco_not_Flamingo;85118]Ok, I may have mixed some business with pleasure and say, well, I may have purchased a couple of cars,

Your sister is enjoying herself anyway Mick,lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Very Good Then.. (don't let her drink too much)

It's a rockin'
    A few photos of same place from around 2008

Eh's in the dealership. from memory there was also a wb kingswood ute in there

Banned
    Amazing really. At least they are under cover.

Why do the people keep these vehicles in paddock's, and some under cover, for year's and do nothing with them? Is it a type of illness such as hoarding? Just seem's odd to have a paddock full of rotting vehicles sitting there, certainly would not help neighbouring property value's. If, and when the land is cleared of them, the soil would be possibly contaminated with oil from all of that mess.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

i get what you're saying. very wasteful but at the time they were parked up the would have had a value of the weight of the metal so in fact the simple fact they are not now part of one of your bunnings power tools is a true credit to the owner. Someone at some point will rape that joint for parts and keep others like it on the road for years to come... now that they are worth something again!
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    Spotto a sad looking HQ coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    i get what you're saying. very wasteful but at the time they were parked up the would have had a value of the weight of the metal so in fact the simple fact they are not now part of one of your bunnings power tools is a true credit to the owner. Someone at some point will rape that joint for parts and keep others like it on the road for years to come... now that they are worth something again!
    They would all be shot sitting round they grass

- - - Updated - - -

That grass

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Why do the people keep these vehicles in paddock's, and some under cover, for year's and do nothing with them? Is it a type of illness such as hoarding? Just seem's odd to have a paddock full of rotting vehicles sitting there, certainly would not help neighbouring property value's. If, and when the land is cleared of them, the soil would be possibly contaminated with oil from all of that mess.
    It is a "sickness" or more of a dillusion. I am at the moment trying to buy some pieces of history from an old bloke out in the sticks. Very similar to this place cars stacked on top of cars, been there for 40 years. While it is out where it is a bit dryer they are still just rusting away.
    I asked if he would be interested in selling any and he told me his plan was to do rust repairs, sandblast and clean up all 700 odd cars when he retires in 5 years at 70!
    He also said that the wife has said the first thing she is going to do when he dies is send it all for scrap.
    So more great cars lost forever.
    All we can do is get the numbers and some photos and give them to someone like Byron so at least the data can be used to help others.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    Great photos.

Did you get inside the fence mate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat7051 View Post
    It is a "sickness" or more of a dillusion. I am at the moment trying to buy some pieces of history from an old bloke out in the sticks. Very similar to this place cars stacked on top of cars, been there for 40 years. While it is out where it is a bit dryer they are still just rusting away.
    I asked if he would be interested in selling any and he told me his plan was to do rust repairs, sandblast and clean up all 700 odd cars when he retires in 5 years at 70!
    He also said that the wife has said the first thing she is going to do when he dies is send it all for scrap.
    So more great cars lost forever.
    All we can do is get the numbers and some photos and give them to someone like Byron so at least the data can be used to help others.
    lol@ sandblast and clean up 700 cars.

He is going to do them up!!!!!

Thread Information