Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peakhill NSW car grave yard.

Sandman Guru
    You should see the state of some of them, they'd evapoate under the sandblaster! There is some good stuff amongst them though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Spotto a sad looking HQ coupe.
    Looks like an LS. I'd say someone died in that one, look at the driver's side guard and bonnet.

Eccentric people do weird things. That said, he owns them - collected them and are his to do whatever he wants with them.
    At the time of collection they probably didn't interest many and the fact someone now finds them interesting today doesn't mean he's not entitled to let them sit and be garden ornaments. He probably gets off on the fact people want them and are always pestering him for a sale etc. In the end he'll die and some will be saved. Others will be scrap and then this mass (picture) will be lost to Peak Hill forever. That will be a sad day!

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Others will be scrap and then this mass (picture) will be lost to Peak Hill forever. That will be a sad day!
    Exactly.

Like I said in my initial post, I kind of like them just piled up there.

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamenco_not_Flamingo View Post
    Great photos.

Did you get inside the fence mate?

- - - Updated - - -

lol@ sandblast and clean up 700 cars.

He is going to do them up!!!!!
    We didn't get inside but we walked around the back,A guy in a secondhand shop near the building the EHs were in told us he was keeping them for his grand kids

Like this bloke I found in melbourne. So frustrating.

What a waste..

Sandman Driver
    Yeh WOW what a wast, you would drive past this daily and drool. Such a shame

Banned
    I don't know. All those cars at Peak Hill would have gone to the wreckers years ago if he hadn't locked them up in that yard. At least younger people can see some old cars as they were thirty years ago. Not restored cars that no one sees unless they go to a car show.

He is a very odd old mate. His servo, which is next to it burnt down five years ago and he reckons he has no insurance when pks shire council told him to clean it up. When we were doing the yellow van Rodney called into see him and he told him he had nothing hz and was not interested in speaking to him. He has had those cars Piled up there for 40 years or so. Bit of a shame but yes if he didn't hoard they would have gone for scrap years ago. Flamenco you should have called in we are half an hour south on the Newel from PeaK hill
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    He is a very odd old mate. His servo, which is next to it burnt down five years ago and he reckons he has no insurance when pks shire council told him to clean it up. When we were doing the yellow van Rodney called into see him and he told him he had nothing hz and was not interested in speaking to him. He has had those cars Piled up there for 40 years or so. Bit of a shame but yes if he didn't hoard they would have gone for scrap years ago. Flamenco you should have called in we are half an hour south on the Newel from PeaK hill
    I was going to Jenn but it was kind of short notice, heading home tomorrow, up the Newell, maybe around Parkes Wednesday.

Thread Information