Thread: And another weird problem

It's a rockin'

And another weird problem

Hi all my 308 has a drop of coolant appearing above the temp sender every time I drive it,it is not coming from any bolt,gasket or the sender unit. I think maybe I have a pinhole in the manifold and it is coming from there,the temp gauge always sat on a quarter before this started happening but now Hardly moves at all.... Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sandman Driver
    No idea, but are you sure thats the only place coolant is escaping? Maybe have a real close look at everything, sometimes wierd stuff happens like a leak (of anything) is somewhere else, but gets blown by the fan or etc, ends up leaving just a drop where your eye catches it, but the leak is elsewhere. Next you notice the problem, maybe check the underside of all hoses, hose connections, heater valve etc. You may find a bigger leak somewhere else and the coolant is just getting deposited there? You could also try drawing all around the temp send with white chalk, warm it up, and watch to see what happens. As for the guage not moving, um........ no water/coolant will cause the temp guage to stop moving much, blocked water passage? Or... any chance low radiator fluid level?
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 21-10-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Sandman Driver
    If you havent done so, I'd suggest you check the radiator fluid level first!! (I'll never forget the time a dude walked into an auto shop in Canberra from the Summernats, he was after a coolant pressure guage, he'd just cooked an rx4, i did feel sorry for him, easy mistake.

yep possible pin hole i had one same spot and found it by pressuring the radiator when the motor warm ended up removing manifold and getting it welded

Thread Information