Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID Tag HX Van

ID Tag HX Van

SAM_3418.JPG
    Just looking for some comment re this tag, it came fitted to my van and the 2 LHS tags are missing, previous owner swears these were not fitted when he owned it, so this is the only tag on the van, The van seems to be factory Aquarius and has a std dash fitted, appears to be a factory floor shift and V8, the back has been 'decked' out and is tasteful [ would prefer it wasn't - decked out that is !] and I will leave it as is. I am doing a budget resto on it [see pics]. was it possible to order a van with this colour as a Kingswood ? The van was not sold to me as a genuine Sandman.
    I have a receipt from previous owner and he will try to dig out a rego form from 17 yrs ago, I have fitted a new HZ chassis. Anyone from WA give me an insight as to how I will go with registration? Cheers

I dunno about the colour availability, but that's not a Kingswood tag.

yes i can mate. they dont give a toss about the body or tags. so whilst not having tags wont be a problem the only id your van has in the view of the govt is whatever is on the chassis rail dude ie it will be lic as HZ or if you're lucky just a 76 HZ if that's possible?!
    BQZ

Had to check my tag but your van is pretty well identical specs to mine. Nearly 10000 bodies after it though.
    Last edited by V8VAN; 28-10-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by V8VAN View Post
    I dunno about the colour availability, but that's not a Kingswood tag.
    My opinion too V8VAN, I think that's a Sandman.
    Last edited by Flamenco_not_Flamingo; 28-10-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: too not to

Sandman Guru
    As above it isn't a Kingswood, just a Holden van. Might be a Sandman, just as much chance of not being one too. No real way to know for certain if it was Elizabeth, Dandenong or Pagewood assembly either unfortunately unless you can find those rego papers with an old chassis number.
    Last edited by HK1837; 28-10-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Really stupid question/statement here, but isnt this an Adelaide assembled van by the A after the body number?

Sandman Guru
    No. It is an Elzabeth constructed, hard trimmed and painted body. But where it was assembled is hard to know. The fact it is in WA suggests it may be Elizabeth, and the fact I have another Elizabeth van with a close body number suggests it should be Elizabeth assembly (export bodies seem to be in batches of 5 but the start of the batch could be this van which could mean this one is Pagewood or Dandenong assembly).

Sandman Driver
    Another Aquarius Van

Thanks for the input guys, thought it might be hard to get a solid answer!! but running a std dash I am thinking it is just a std V8 van. Bit of work to go but getting close to rego time. Front end on and it looks great, will post some pics soon. Have stripes to put on...... Any advice in applying them appreciated, cheers

Thread Information