Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overlander Ambulance

Overlander Ambulance

Here's one that I thought was of interest. Yeah possibly should be listed in Cars found for sale or similar but the Overlander section is a bit thin on content.

Listed on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HZ-OVERLA...-/301422370166

Looks to be a three door panno (ex ambo) with overlander kit.

overlander_ambo_01.jpg

Auction reads:

"Original ambulance with an overlander conversion kit supplied by Arthur Hayward in Tasmania

premier interior

The body is a modified 76 panel van with station wagon rear door on the RHS only, for the nurse. Still has all the ambulance internal panelling and floor modifications for the nurses seat which folds flat for cargo

Original 308 with turbo 400 it has the overlander suspension with Dana transfer box and Dana 44 front and rear axles on leaf springs.

Included in the sale is a brand new Tail tent, a reproduction of that made available by Holden Dealers for panel vans

Excellent condition almost new paint and great running gear. Recent gentle 4x4 trip confirms the vehicle's go anywhere performance

Reluctant sale, moving next year, loosing shed space and the toys have to go.

Advertised elsewhere, I reserve the right to remove, personalised plates not included, fully registered"

$15K kick off $28K Buy It Now

overlander_ambo_03.jpg

That's pretty cool. You won't have to worry about pulling up next to another at the shops if you were driving that.

Sandman Guru
    It is cool for those that needed 4 x seats, bench in the front and the single in the back. Overlanders aren't that great to drive though, the short front springs are a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    It is cool for those that needed 4 x seats, bench in the front and the single in the back. Overlanders aren't that great to drive though, the short front springs are a pain.
    Depends on which chassis is used Byron but your right they are terrible to drive

Sandman Guru
    They were all the same basic chassis except for tonners which are longer. Wagon and Statesman simply have ute/van rear springs grafted on so they ride the same as ute and van.

True but i have seen overlanders built on Patrol and landcruiser chassis much better ride than the holden chassis

Sandman Guru
    That isn't an Overlander, it is a Holden body on a Patrol or Landcruiser Chassis and much better as you say especially the Patrol chassis. An Overlander used the Holden or Statesman chassis.

I know that the Overlander was built on a holden chassis Byron the reason i mentioned the Patrol chassis i was contemplating doing this to my Sandman many years ago but im glad i didnt go thru with it now
    would have been a waste of a good Sandman

Sandman Guru
    Maybe, you could have done it using another chassis and stored the original.

Maybe but there is a lot of work for the conversion not to mention cost
    i bought a 4WD instead problem solved

Thread Information