Thread: Super Chicken Decals - on ebay

Super Chicken Decals - on ebay

Listed on ebay Super Chicken Decals

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Sa...-/331415024212

Got to love how the seller just steals artwork (Watermark and all) from this site/forum no less!

Sandman Driver
    Neat find Innuendo, important post.

I think it would not be unreasonable for any interested parties to simply ask the seller a question in the "ask seller a question" area at the end of the listing. "Is this Decal set officially approved by Holden, or is it simply use of a design without licence, and thus subject to legal action against yourself as the seller and any prospective buyer who uses it to claim their vehicle is an original superchicken?" (Its just a question, no threat, it's a genuine question.) No threat of course, threat is illegal. And then see what the answer is.
    Might just cause the seller to realise their position. Would alert buyers too. opinions?

Seller has been around for a long time, and the quality of the product is familiar to some members of this site (please ask them for feedback, not me).

It doesn't surprise me that someone has reproduced this set, possibly the Splash set in the future.
    As for legal, copyright and reproduction permission we all know that Holden tried legal action a couple years ago with a supplier, and this seller has been around long enough to know exactly what he is doing - Caveat emptor.

Banned
    I understand the 70's had some great themes and styles. Those stickers however are not one of them.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I understand the 70's had some great themes and styles. Those stickers however are not one of them.
    Most probably the funniest and correct statement you have made on here WB, LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Agree. Can't see him making a fortune to retire on selling those.

We have considered doing them for a long time. The art work alone if you wanted to do it right and 100% would have been very very time consuming. The cost to produce these was going to be huge! These id imagine would be digital printed as the sandman ones they do are. There is no way possible you could screen print them (how the originals where done just like the sandman stripes) with that many different colours for 500 bux. Impossible. But still cool someone has decided to do them.

We would have but again we only do it 100%. So wanted originals before we considered doing it.....
    Last edited by stickthis; 16-12-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Thread Information