Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is mysandman a club?

april_eighteen

Is mysandman a club?

Hello all, I am new here so I guess I don't know everything about the forum but, found an ad on gumtree (link posted) http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grang...ior/1066711276, stating that this forum is a club so was wanting to know what are some of the club benefits and that the club holds a data base of known genuine Sandman so I was also wondering how do I gain access to this data base or is this person making certain representations which are well, untrue? Looking forward to your responses. For the record, I dislike ads like the one mentioned as they seem kind of set up to trick people, 4 photos, no interior shots, no engine shots and price negotiable with no price mentioned! If the thing is for sale you would have a price on it like anything I sell unless of course its an auction, well put it on an auction site and he states he knows what the car is worth, well put it out there! My other fav is no time wasters like he isn't one, so I say stop wasting my time, put a price on it or put it up for auction or are you scared you will only get what it's truly worth?

Thanks

No, it's not a club. The database is Byron's (HK1837) personal baby as part of his book research. There's no "access" but if you post the car details or send him a message he'll give you the info required.

As for that ad, it has all the usual try hard indications, so it's possible he's overpriced, doesn't want to sell, or it's not quite as good as it looks. If you're keen on it though, give him a call. I find it only takes about 15 seconds on the phone to determine whether its a genuine seller who's simply sick of wanker buyers , or if the seller is the wanker.
    You never know, he may have a very reasonable price on it and is trying to find a buyer who really wants a Sandman and will look after his baby, rather than someone looking for a quick flip to make a few bucks.
    Gotta be honest, I've scared away buyers intentionally just cause I didn't like them. I've also bought things that weren't actually for sale purely because the old guy liked the fact that I wasn't pushy and trying to bullshit him.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    G'day there April, love Jim Jefferies and I am all for the suggested holiday on that date, lol,

Well, like someone said, not a club, no data base to numbers but certainly are a stack of good people on here who can help.

As for the ad, they are my pet peeves too, just some one being shifty or slimy.

My opinion is if I want to sell it I sell it and once I have your money I honestly don't care what you do with it, flip it, keep it, love it, burn it, its yours, feel free!

I have sold heaps of cars and yes, you get time wasters but you get that when ever your selling anything be it to private individuals or in a business to business situation but I have always sold what I wanted to sell for the money I wanted by being honest and forthright and when you have something desirable, you also have to be armed with an expectation of being visited upon by wankers and experts.

Sandman Guru
    I would have never verified the car in question either, but simply would have stated the ID plates were originally off a Sandman if they have evidence to prove it (like unique trim code or unique GVW). If I think the plates were Sandman I'd say that they are most likely off a Sandman, or could be a Sandman.

Banned
    If it was a club would we need to defend our territory?

Only if you're wearing your club colours in Qld.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

check out majestic vanners.com.au site worth a look

Geez, don't even think about wearing club colour's in Qld. If there are more than three of you hanging out together, you will be locked up....
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand woman View Post
    Makes sense
    That doesn't lol

Banned
    Can just see three 50+ year old Vanners being given the cavity search because their vans were all in the same colours.... Sandman stripes lol.
    Maybe you will need to defend your territory in QLD lol.

Thread Information