Thread: New BFG T/A's

Thumbs up New BFG T/A's

As most of the regulars here know, I recently purchased a set of T/A's for my van.

A few people were concerned about how T/A's were not great in the wet and as far as the old ones from the 70's are concerned, they were 100% correct.

I'd heard the ones made these days are making use of current standards, materials and technology and were far superior to the old ones.

Yesterday I drove the van in the rain on a pretty wet road and am happy to say they hung on really well. This was on country roads with a fairly coarse grade of blue metal, not on hotmix or on a greasy city road, but nevertheless I'm happy with the way it handled the wet surface.

If you want the cool look of old school rubber, but were concerned about spending a grand or so on tyres that wouldn't perform in the wet, then I think the new T/A's are more than up to the task. So far, so good anyway....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    That's the go. Personally, I really enjoyed driving my WB out of Sydney in the rain with 235 Hankooks on it. Spin the wheels all the way from Alexandria to the M4. Especially enjoyed driving down King St Newtown lol. Got the dirtiest looks from all the alfresco diners and greenies. Bullbar, lots of noise,V8.
    Glad the TA's work well. They look cool too!

They are a massive improvement over the original design (if traction is what you are after!), look the same from the side so retain that 70's profile, and aren't that expensive.

Donna and I just got home from dinner at a new friends place. He has a '70 Boss Mustang, an XY GT, a HQ GTS 4-door and is now going to get a van after seeing mine. His cars are immaculate, but he had a big nostalgia fit when we turned up in the van. It was so strange.... he has 3 cars a lot of people would kill for and he turned his back on them and was all over my van. He said he loved the way it looked with the mags and T/A's.

I of course, was all over his cars!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Guru
    See if he'll swap you for the HQ!

People are like that, they love what they own, but still have the "trip down memory lane" when they see a great example of a vehicle from the same era.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    See if he'll swap you for the HQ!
    Then I'd have to find a HQ Monaro forum!!!! and start all over again.

I probably would though, but he probably wouldn't....

Thread Information