Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: VF Sandman wagon and ute

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    I could be wrong Alien but that's not how I heard it. It's dealer order only and that ended at the end of Feb. So if your dealer ordered one for your of your choice you should be laughing but if you didn't order one yet then it'll be first in best dressed for what the dealers have left. I could be wrong but that's how it was explained to me from two different dealers.
    From what i understand, the cut off for dealerships was late Feb. Theyre the vehicles they'll have in their showroom right when Holden announce it to the public. You can still put a deposit down for one right now if you're happy with the idea of buying sight unseen. And orders will still be taken when its announced...how long for after that is anyones guess. To be seen if the production run will be longer than 2 months....that will depend on sales i guess.

When i asked them how much interest people have shown, they said 'Mate, you arent even supposed to know yet'. So far the 2 dealerships i have been to, no one has asked about them let alone put a deposit down.

I'm trying to imagine what Holden could do to "Sandman up" a wagon. The body panels and bling don't leave much empty room to work with.
    We'll get there shortly.

Just had a phone call from the Holden dealership where I have ordered a VF Sandman. Was told that due to the high number of orders by Holden Dealerships that Holden is restricting dealers to how many they will be having due to it being a limited build. My dealership ordered 3 and has been told they can have one. Some larger dealerships have had orders cut from 6 to 3. Some smaller dealerships have been told they can only have one if a deposit has already been paid. Also seen a broucher for Sandman merchandise such as caps, Stubbie holders, singlets and shirts.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Banned
    Sounds like dealer speak to make sure you don't pull out of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Sounds like dealer speak to make sure you don't pull out of the sale.
    Don't think so WB. Easy way to find out though, call a dealership and try to order one of your choice

So the dealer is saying that the factory will not meet the demand for a product simply so they can say it's a limited number? And at a time when they have dwindling sales and are chasing more sales?
    A dealer tried something similar when I bought the first Maloo. I "had to have the pretend one on their lot" because the factory was only making a limited number and they were impossible to get.
    I returned to the dealer to show him the Maloo I bought from a different dealer, that was built with requested customisations.
    Last edited by tidyvan; 14-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    We'll get there shortly.

Have a look a Blockers post No. 64 it clearly says Dealer order only. The dealer orders finished at end of Feb. I have phoned six different dealers in QLD and NSW and they all say orders have finished and the public can only buy what a dealer may have left. I know blokes who tried to order tha Lowndes Commodore and the GTS Maloo and couldn't get one. Have you heard that holden is going to stop manufacturing in Aus in 2017 ??

Yes I am aware that manufacturing will cease. I am also aware that the information in post#64 said Sandman launches in April and two months later production begins.
    Best guess is that the orders that closed in February were for an initial run so Holden could gauge some response.
    The GTS Maloo was openly stated as a production run of 250 only. The Lowndes Commodore was capped at 233, one per dealer. The Sandman has no limits and says Dealer order only.
    There is no logic to publicly launch a model two months after the doors on orders have closed, then wait another two months of telling the public that X is the total amount being made and no more will be made.
    You can bet that if between the April public launch and the start of production, a Dealer receives a flurry of interest and people waving money around, that the production run will be increased.
    We'll get there shortly.

Banned
    It's just dealer speak. They havnt even been launched yet. The dealer is just like a stock and station agent. Tell you what you need to hear to keep the sale.
    Oh you have ordered one?

Yes, I have ordered one. It's the only one they will give my dealer. Give a dealer a call and try and order one. Look, I'm not real smart but I believe them.

Thread Information