Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: VF Sandman wagon and ute

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Called into the Swan Hill Holden dealership about 4 weeks ago after convincing the other half we needed a bigger car. Had my sights set on a sandman wagon for the family. Answer was no chance of getting one they were all pre ordered and sold. Couldn't even provide a sales flyer/broacher. He tried to sell me a pathfinder instead, couldn't get out of there quick enough. The other half still wants an new car. I am trying to convince her we should now put the money into the bel air. (6 seats. Huge boot for the pram.) She's not buying into it.
    Where to form here??????
    What he means is he hasn't got one and he's to lazy to get you one. He would have to ask another dealer for one of there's and there's a fat chance of that happening

Quote Originally Posted by Keenospv View Post
    What he means is he hasn't got one and he's to lazy to get you one. He would have to ask another dealer for one of there's and there's a fat chance of that happening
    That's 100% correct. So croc, get on car sales.com find a dealer with one and buy it. Done.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Banned
    I would say it's as simple as staff training or lack there of as dealerships are individually owned and operated.
    I had one salesman ask if I was after a used Sandman. I said I'll have a one if you got one hanging around.
    I have never seen any sort of advertising campaign on TV and only articles by journalists in the print media. Holden have put next to no effort into making the most of the revival in interest in 70's Holden hero cars.
    If there is little effort from GMH then the dealers are not going to try real hard are they.
    Clearly GM are holding Holden to ransom so they can pull out quietly.

Sand woman
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I have never seen any sort of advertising campaign on TV and only articles by journalists in the print media. Holden have put next to no effort into making the most of the revival in interest in 70's Holden hero cars.
    If there is little effort from GMH then the dealers are not going to try real hard are they.
    Clearly GM are holding Holden to ransom so they can pull out quietly.
    this theory may be very true so then it might be worthwhile having a vf sandman in the future since only 150 were made
    if the market was flooded with advertising they would have needed thousands of them

Just picked mine up from local dealer today................Poster that is.

Well, where do I start? I don't want to get on here and just totally bag out Holden, but you wouldn't think that customers would need to do the product training for the sales staff. I went to a few dealers before I ordered mine and every place I went to I ended up knowing more about the Sandman release than even the sales managers (thanks to this forum).

I paid fully for the car four weeks ago and got some very ordinary service in between. Finally going to pick up the car tomorrow.
    Well mate it's now 'Tomorrow' and we are all dying to see some pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    That's 100% correct. So croc, get on car sales.com find a dealer with one and buy it. Done.
    Quite suprised how many are listed there....pretty much at least one of every colour, body & driveline combo available....no shortage of options for the buyer

Quote Originally Posted by Sand woman View Post
    ... vf sandman in the future since only 150 were made
    Where is this number coming from? According to what I'm being told they are not all even built as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Where is this number coming from? According to what I'm being told they are not all even built as yet.
    I would like to know the truth on this too !! I heard 250 in total and if you go back to holden's original press releases in Feburary manufacturing was to be June/July. The first one I saw was at Dalby and the tag was stamped May build. Typical of Holden and this model, all smoke and mirrors.

Banned
    Guess they are leaving their options open to build more. No official build numbers released by the sound of it??

Thread Information