Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positions available

Positions available

We are going to have to decide who has what role in all of this. I guess for now if you prefer a role, put your hand up for it asap to avoid disappointment. Some may even do a double role...if you can/want.

Positions are...

-President
    The President shall preside over all Committee meetings, Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings and Executive Committee Meetings. The President shall have a personal vote and a casting vote at all meetings.

-Vice President
    The Vice President shall substitute for the President in his absence and adopt all rights of the President, including the right to a casting vote.

-Secretary
    The Secretary shall carry out all directions given at any Committee Meeting of the Club, receive all correspondence, prepare an agenda and take minutes of Committee, Special General, Executive and Annual General Meetings and notices for same.

The Honorary Secretary shall have custody of membership records, minute books of meetings and the common seal of the Incorporated Association and is its authorised signatory.

-Treasurer
    The Treasurer shall receive all moneys paid to the Club and will deposit same in the Club bank account under the name of “THE SANDMAN CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA” and shall issue receipts for all moneys received and pay all accounts passed for payment by the Committee.

The Honorary Treasurer shall have custody of deposit, chequebook and bank investment certificates.

The Honorary Treasurer shall produce a statement of receipts and expenditure at any time required by the Committee and an audited report at the Annual General Meeting.

All cheques may be signed by any of the following - President, Secretary or Treasurer.

-Public Relations
    The public relations person will be required to liaise with any media/promotions on behalf of the club. This may require a few people or a team effort.

-Club photographer
    A phone camera really doesnt cut it i think hahaha. Although this isnt essential, it would be great if someone has some decent photography equipment to help with this. Its something we all can do. More pics of events/meetings the better. Can always improve pics with photoshop.

-Committee Member
    This may purely be a backup role if any member cant make the meetings. But i think we'll have to work as a team right from the start to get it off the ground.

-CH Plate Scrutineer
    This role is to sign off on a vehicle on behalf of the club for club rego. Correct procedure MUST be followed. Each state will have to follow each states rules and regs as each state has its own set of guidelines.

-Webmaster
    I guess this will fall on Blocker and the moderators. We are here most of the time so we might as well keep on keeping on.

So....who is interested in what?

If you think anyone is suited for a role.....make some suggestions.

Over to you
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 19-02-2015 at 11:48 PM.

All valid and important positions. I won't nominate myself or anyone to any position until I've had a clear discussion with everyone and understanding of the following;

An understanding on the purpose of the club
    How it plans to establish itself while remaining sustainable for future growth

I'm very excited about the prospect of developing a Sandman club, it has been on my mind for a few years so I am absolutely thrilled that Ivan has brought this discussion forward and driving it. It's with his passion and enthusiasm for a sustainable Sandman club for Australia and all your support this club can become a reality.

Purpose of the club
    -In essence, i'm doing this as there is no Sandman Car Club at all.....and that alone boggles my mind!! In 40yrs of Sandmans being around, why hasnt anyone started a club?? Its one of Australias most iconic and instantly recognisable cars!!
    -To create a social/family friendly environment whilst displaying/enjoying our rides.
    -Organise cruise events
    -Maybe raise some money for charities if events are planned well enough.
    -Broaden the reach of the forum

Remaining sustainable
    This is going to be a team effort.
    Giving members value for money.
    Keeping it educational...because we all learn something new.
    Make it fun.

I'm open for more/any suggestions to fine tune this.

I wouldnt be doing this if I was the only one interested in getting it off the ground. Everyone on board here has played a part......i just put the spark in the cylinder

A Blocker has suggested, i checked out the Sporting Car Club of S.A...theyve been around since the 1930s!!!!!! Australias oldest car club.

Looking at their Management committe, it comprises of....
    President:
    Vice President
    Vice President
    Secretary
    4 Management Committee Members

They must be a well oiled machine.....that said they have grown large enough to own their own lodge where they hold meetings.

Check out their website
    http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/index.php

You may want to become familiar with this;
    http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/clubs...d-associations

and/or the relevant governing body in your State to ensure compliance.

My suggestions is to have the club established in Victoria first, then build other States as the initial framework is developed.

Purpose
    Reading other club constitutions I am impressed with the SCCSA's purpose statement which says;

- To promote and encourage the preservation, restoration and use of Holden Sandman (clarification and definition required here) vehicles and promote, collect and disseminate Sandman historical information.

- To promote and hold motoring events and competitions to offer and award prizes for owners and drivers of Holden Sandman vehicles (clarification and definition required here).

I believe we should develop our own, notwithstanding the borrowing of something that is already well worded in accordance with our club's purpose.

G'day all,

This is a great foundation to start with. My background is that I'm basically a banker! I've a good financial background and good business head on me too. It would make sense that I nominate for Treasurer and can look to assist with governance and structures etc. I think I can add value here!

I work for a Bendigo Bank Community Bank company based in the Surf coast in Vic. This is a Bendigo Bank
    as far as banking product and security is concerned but operated by a local public company (yes a little complicated).

Banker by occupation but not you're stereotype banker.
    As per the rest of you I fit the bill as far as being passion about the Sandman!

Bloody brilliant Jeza. I have no doubt you will be an invaluable member.

I'm finding it amazing how everyone has a different skill set that is making things lock in place. I was hesitant at first getting this up and running....but just the last 24hrs that hesitation is quickly disappearing. Thanks one and all

All in favour of Jeza being Treasurer...say 'I'

Well I was retired at 43 (workplace injury). Prior to that I worked for the Federal gov and spent 20 years as a honorary secretary for part of our union CPSU doing all that agenda minutes type stuff. I do have time as an asset now.

Oh man, everyones skill set is freeky!!!

So...Dave, can i assume you'll put your hand up for Hon. Secretary? the most paperwork i do is on the toilet

You'd be a great asset to the club

- - - Updated - - -

Just to put it out there...here is my number if anyone has any questions or concerns. Or just feel like a chat.

0405 356 036

Heya guys.

Firstly goodonya Blocker and Ivan for being the driving force behind this! Tis indeed a top and long overlooked idea...

As everyone is putting their hand up for various bits, Id have to say Im prob a media liason, publicity sort of person.

Im now a paramedic, but before that, I worked mostly in live musical theatre, band and event management, film, TV and music industry areas. Ive been the band booker for a few inner city venues in melbs so also know a few publicists and how they work. Im familiar with press launches, media releases, and general promo publicity stuff.

Anyway, not that's its all about that, but I could do that kinda thing, and that would probably work into areas like, co-ordinating events where they need cars, or having a presence at certain events, maybe any fundraising campaigns or runs... Anything where people have requested a sandman presence... That sort of thing. Im sure other people here like Blocker have way more car industry contacts, but Id be happy to do stuff where there needs to be a bridge between the sandman club and the general public...

Thread Information